Guys I love my shorter hair!! I know I only cut around 3 inches off but it just feels so good. Remember a while ago when I dyed my hair pink? Well the pink wouldn’t fade out so I had to bleach it back – and it really damaged my hair in the process. It felt so dry and dead on the ends. I gave myself a little trim then and have been really good to it since but I still needs those three inches gone and I am so glad I finally did. In addition to cutting off my ends I decided to challenge myself to a little summer hair rehab. I was telling my sisters about what I have been doing the last few weeks and they were like, you should make it a challenge and tell your readers! And I thought it was a cute idea so here I am! I did this exact thing a while back and wow you guys it will make SUCH a difference in your hair! But you have to stick to it and you HAVE to be consistent!!! K so here is the challenge!!! And seriously at the end of it you will be thanking me.
- *This is the most important step of all! NO HEAT. Through the months of July and August try to do no heat on your hair. No blow drying, no straightening, no curling. I told myself if I have somewhere I need to be and kind of need to curl it then I can do low heat once a week (by low heat I mean having the iron on the low heat setting or the blow dryer on medium/cold — and you can only do one or the other that week, not curl and blow dry, just one!). Like yesterday I gave myself a little curl for a meeting I was going to that morning but it was the first time in 2 weeks. Make sense?!
- My tips for this….
- Wash your hair at night so you can have it air dry over night. Or plan enough time for it to air dry before you need to leave the house.
- BRAIDS. Such a lifesaver for no heat challenges. Just do a simple three strand braid and pull it apart to make it look nice and full.
- If your hair is straight like mine, use a texture spray to give it some body! All I have in my air dryed hair in these pics is texture spray.
- If your hair is curly or wavy, try to use products that will help to tame your curls or add volume or get them to do whatever you want them to.
- My tips for this….
- Deep condition at least once a week! I love a good hair treatment. It is good to put it on shampooed hair and do leave it on while you shave and exfoliate. Leave it on for at least 10 minutes and rinse with cool water. I really love this one.
- Get a trim! Even if it just an inch or half inch. Start the challenge by getting rid of any dead ends you have!
- Brush your hair every night and avoid tangles so you never have to be rough on your hair. Try to be as gentle with it as possible!
Okay that is the challenge 🙂 If you want to do it then let me know in the comments and maybe we can start a hashtag or something so we can all share tips or updates. Maybe #bfbhairchallenge ?! I PROMISE if you do this your hair will feel AMAZING after.
And a note about this look – I love love wrap dresses! I got my first DVF wrap dress in high school from Nordstrom Rack and I actually just got rid of it like a year ago – I had it for 10 years!! They are such classics to me. The style is so pretty and flattering. I saw this one online and had to snag it because I fell in love and I like it even more in person. I also love anything that has an olive green color because that is the color my eyes are so I feel like it really brings out my eyes. My eyes are actually a bunch of different colors and change depending on what I am wearing – so with green they are extra green and I like it! I used to always wear purple eye shadow all through high school because someone at the MAC counter told me it will bring out my eyes haha. Maybe I need to bust that out again.
And one more thing! I found our vlog camera and am considering doing a couple. We will see! xoxoxo