We were driving around Kyoto and we were giving the kids a car nap and they had just fallen asleep. I jokingly said, “I wish there was a shrine we could just park right in front of and keep the babies asleep while we step outside” ..knowing that all the ones we had been to had parking garages down the street and that was not likely. We plugged in the next shrine so we could be in the area when they woke up and sure enough there was parking right in front of the shrine!!! Like if David moved the camera any more to the right he would have gotten our car in frame haha. Anyways – we had a lot of fun exploring the gates that were decorated with blossoms outside the Takenaka Shrine. It really was such a sight to see and so incredibly beautiful. Here are 12 things before I head to bed…
- Atticus has loved saying “okay?” after everything he says. David and I love all of the versions in which he does this.
- Rosie found a word and its “stop!” haha. Do I say stop too much or does she just have a big brother 17 months older?!
- The kids have been playing so well together. Atticus loves to make sure Rosie has her bottle and always wants to give her shoulder rides or carry her in the baby carrier. And they love to play hide and seek together. But of course they are still tormenting each other in between too 😉
- The girls walking around in their kimonos couldn’t look any more beautiful!!! I love all of the prints, their amazing hair styles (they all have braids!), and they just look stunning – especially next to the sakura! These girls in the photo above were so sweet and took a pic with us.
- You know you have been busy when you haven’t watched Netflix in weeks. When we get home after exploring we work all night and then we are too tired to watch anything. Which says a lot because I have been dying to watch Big Little Lies and there is a new episode of Homeland.
- I absolutely love this dress so much. It does have a weird slit on the side at the top – I can’t explain it and tried figuring out 100 times if I was putting it on wrong and I could be. But I just pinned the slit closed and plan to sew it shut.
- I have a girl’s trip with my mom and sisters booked for DC and I am really excited to see them.
- This is one of the first trips that I have really felt like I have this travel thing down to a T. Every time we travel there are the things that happen where you’re like “okay well now I know for next time” and I have had enough of those happen to just have things run really well. It has honestly been so perfect.
- Atticus bowing at the shrines is the cutest thing, ever.
- We bought kimonos today to take home with us and I am excited about them.
- I do not like the green tea ice cream that is everywhere around here! Eek. I wish I did, it looks so pretty ha.
- Love me a good Cup of Noodles. I mean, if you were ever a broke college student then you have to be a big Top Ramen/Cup of Noodles fan right?! Lived off that stuff.
Can’t wait to share our itinerary with you guys because I spent countless hours planning and researching!!! xoxoxo