^^Woah to 35 week bump, 36 weeks tomorrow.. although this post has nothing to do with pregnancy I just had no other photo to use, ha. Tonight I got back from spin class and went to take a shower and when I came out I told David, “that was a successful shower”. He asked if there were “unsuccessful showers” (haha) and I explained to him that this was a hair mask, coffee scrub, shave, body butter, etc type shower 😉 which I wish I could say was every night.. but its not out of pure laziness. But about once or twice I week I will do my nightly ritual and its heavenly. The other 5 nights I do bits and pieces of it but thought I would share some of my favorite products I use on these successful shower nights.
- HAIR MASK. I do this twice a week and you could do it more depending on the type of hair mask but you dont want to do a hair mask every night because there is such thing as over hydrating your hair. Tonight I used the Blonde Me Hair Mask and really really liked it. It was my first time using it so I can’t say anything about actual long term results but my hair is so soft right now so I will be using it for the next few months. I also really love Moroccan Oil Restorative Mask and Kérastase Maskeratine
- COFFEE SCRUB. I used to always do sugar scrub or sea salt scrub but I am not hooked on coffee scrubs!!! I like that they are grittier and my absolute favorite is the Juara Coffee Scrub.. I have tried loads of those packet coffee scrubs or the kind that just come with loose ground up coffee beans but this one is nice because it comes in a paste like form so I can actually control how much I put in different areas without it falling everywhere.. (does that make any sense?) Anyways, I just ordered more of this stuff because its so amazing.
- SHAVE. I have told you guys my favorite razors to use with my annoyingly sensitive skin but I have become obsessed with this EOS Shaving Cream!!! My mom got me a three pack over Christmas last year and it has lasted me so long and makes my skin feel so soft.
- FACE EXFOLIANT. I sometimes just use the coffee scrub on my face but I love my exfoliators that are made for the face so I generally just use those. My absolute favorite is the Kate Somerville Intensive Exfoliating Treatment – I also got my mom hooked on this stuff and she ironically texted me today about it.
- BODY BUTTER. I have really dry and sensitive skin which I have told you guys an annoying amount of times (sorry!) but because of this I love to put on body butter RIGHT after the shower. I have about 10 different kinds in my bathroom but I most frequently use my Soap & Glory Righteous Body Butter and my Moroccan Oil Body Butter.
- FACIAL. I love to try different kinds of facials so I have an embarrassing amount in my bathroom right now. Tonight I used a sheet mask and yesterday I used my Fresh Rose Face Mask (plus the packaging is so cute!). I also really really love the Belif Soothing Mask and Glam Glow’s Hydrating Mask (I actually wear this overnight).
- TONER. A toner I use every night and every morning. I am 100% hooked on the Clinique Clarifying Lotion ESPECIALLY for the mornings because it makes your face feel so awake. I have tried other toners but this one is for sure the best in my opinion.
- ANTI AGING. This is the other thing I do every night. I really really love eye creams and different face creams. I get hooked on different ones every few months and I like to switch it up. A few weeks ago I started misting my face every night and morning with the Kate Somerville Dermal Quench Liquid Lift and then once that dries I apply Belif Aqua Bomb to my face and neck. You guys HAVE to try this stuff.. it makes your face feel absolutely amazing. I was reading about Belif’s company recently (they are a Japanese beauty line) and I have fallen in love with soo many of their products but this one is my fav for sure. I also have David put it on every night too. I also love Nude Skincare Omega Treatment Rescue Oil – I put this on right after the shower and let it soak in before bed then apply my moisturizer. Or sometimes I do just the oil.
And then obviously I throw on fuzzy socks and pajamas and watch our current show 🙂 (we just finished Bloodline and now we are catching up on Homeland!) So anyways that is an ideal night to me. Like I said that is a lot of steps and I don’t do them all every night but I make SURE to always wash my face and use my toner and cream.