Cheesy Roasted Green Chile Mac and Cheese
BY SCARLETT BENDIXEN
Who doesn’t love a good cheesy macaroni and cheese!? Well this recipe is just that. I love adding fun ingredients in my homemade macaroni and cheese to make it fancier. Either lobster, bacon, buffalo chicken, or in this case roasted green chiles! Once you have a good macaroni and cheese recipe the options are endless. In this case I traded the normal monterey jack cheese for pepper jack cheese and added roasted green chiles.
So if green chiles aren’t your thing make those simple changes and toss in whatever you want to customize it to your families taste! But let me tell you this green chile macaroni and cheese might possibly be the best macaroni and cheese you have ever tasted! It is unbelievably delicious and will make everyone who tastes oo and ahh. Just Give it a try!
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
8 Tablespoons butter
1/2 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
1 cup velveeta cut into small cubes
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
1 lb elbow macaroni
1/2 cup shredded Muenster cheese
1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
2 cups half and half
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
8 ounces roasted green chiles (if using canned drain)
1 cup panko bread crumbs
2 Tablespoons melted butter
2. Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add oil then macaroni, and cook until just tender about 7 minutes.Then drain well.
3. In a large saucepan melt 8 Tablespoons of butter. Stir in cooked pasta. In a large mixing bowl put the muenster, mild and sharp cheddar, and pepper jack cheese. Mix cheeses together.
4. Add the half and half to the macaroni and stir. Then add 1 1/2 cups of the mixed cheese, the velveeta, and the eggs. Sprinkle with seasoned salt and pepper. Add the roasted green chiles and stir gently.
5. Transfer to buttered dishes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Take the panko bread crumbs and melted butter and mix together. Sprinkle the Panko bread crumbs over the entire top of the macaroni and cheese.
6. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until it is bubbling around the edges.
Serves 4-6 people as a main dish and 8-10 as a side dish.
Visit our contributor section for posts on beauty, family and more.
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Done 3 Ways
The slow cooker has become my saving grace ever since I became a mother. Problem is finding a variety of recipes that don’t always taste the same and have the same ingredients. Our family loves buffalo sauce. I don’t if I ate too many chicken wings while I was pregnant or what but they all came out loving it as much as I do! But when it comes to the taste of buffalo sauce I am also pretty picky. I have tried quite the variety of different brands in this particular recipe and I would have to say that franks is my favorite brand for buffalo sauce….for now that is!