One thing I’ll never get over here in the city is the parks. We are so close to so many amazing parks, which is great because we can pick a new one every day. We came from Utah with pretty wide open spaces and a big back yard which we loved, but it’s hard to argue with a big back yard called Central Park. I mean that skyline as our backdrop for a playdate? So good. It makes for a great location for a play date because there are so many play grounds and wide open spaces for kiddos to run free. I went with some friends and their kids the other day with with H&M and Heymama – we all wore H&M clothes! We all love H&M because they have the best and newest styles for the best price. Espeically for kid clothes when they get so dirty and messy – you dont want to spend a ton! We were fortunate to find some amazing friends with kids both Atticus and Rosie’s age. We just brought a big bag of toys and snacks and let them run free.
It’s always so much fun to spend time with your friends who you share motherhood in common with. It really brings you so close together. Heymama did a short interview on how being a mom has brought us closer together. Check it out below.
On Sunday March 20th from 10Am-12PM, Heymama presents their #HMPLAYSQUAD event at the H&M at Times Square (1472 Broadway) with dancing, snack, nail, hair and craft station. RSVP by email firstname.lastname@example.org and join me there!
1) What do you love most about your friend? Janelle is really good at making everyone feel included and loved.. she was one of the first people to befriend me in New York City. She goes out of her way to make sure everyone is taken care of.
2) Best memory of you and your kids together? Our newborns are less than a month apart so it is fun to see them grow together and hit all of these little milestones at the same time. The first time Rosie and I got to meet little Jack was the obvious favorite. Convinced every newborn needs a newborn bestie.
3) How are your parenting styles different? Jack is still only 3 months so hard to say at this point but I think we are similar in that Janelle is super relaxed and go with the flow – she doesn’t worry about your kid making a mess in her house or being wild. I am kind of the same way and it is nice to be around other moms who dont get stressed about messes or craziness 🙂
4) Best piece of parenting advice she’s given you? I text Janelle for basically everything haha! She was a doula so I asked her for TONS of pregnancy advice – she basically saved my sanity during pregnancy. Janelle also has done preschool and nannying in the past so she has tons of fun ideas. She plans all of our mommy play dates and they dont disappoint.
5) How would she describe herself in three words? Loyal, loving, happy.
6) How does she react to her kids tantrums? Luckily Jack isn’t at the tantrum age yet 😉
7) Name her favorite tv show? I could be totally wrong but I do know she loves a good episode of Saved by the Bell Favorite guilty pleasure tv show? The Bachelor or Bachelor in Paradise
8) Funniest thing she’s ever done? Lol basically EVERYTHING she says in group chat. Janelle is the witty one who can carry a joke and always has the best responses.
9) If you spend a date together with your kids, what would she want to do most? Probably spend a day with our fun mom group and the babes just chatting and eating!
10) If your friend could take a trip anywhere in the world, where would it be? She has been SO many places – she is definitely well traveled. Maybe Morocco.
11) Most perfect day for your friend “sans kids”? Janelle is always the one taking care of everyone else and making everyone else feel good. So definitely a day where is wine and dined on all day.
12.) If your friend could have one wish what would it be? Watch her mom meet her son
13.) If she could be anyone for a day who would it be? Obviously Taylor because she is our bff and doesn’t know it.
1) What do you love most about your friend? What I love most about Amber is her ability to make you feel comfortable and confident. She is fun and easy to be around, and is the first person to build you up.
2) Best memory of you and your kids together? My favorite memory was the first time we had our babies together. I felt so supported by her throughout pregnancy that seeing the babies together and talking about our experience with birth and our newborns meant a lot to me.
3) How are your parenting styles different? I am such a new mom. It’s only been 3 months since my son was born. I am still developing a “parenting style”. We’ve talked a lot about schedules and I haven’t quite committed myself to one. I need to!
4) Best piece of parenting advice she’s given you? We have a mom chat going with parenting questions, funny mom stories, and other girl stuff. The advice she gives there is always so helpful but more than anything I have watched how much she enjoys her kids, and how calm she feels while parenting. Being a mother comes very natural to her.
5) How would she describe herself in three words? Adventurous, optimistic, enterprising.
6) How does she react to her kids tantrums? She has such happy kids! I haven’t seen a tantrum from either of them. Whenever Rosie or Atticus need something Amber is always really calm, she talks to them, and she helps solve their problem or need.
7) Name her favorite tv show? Breaking Bad Favorite guilty pleasure tv show? Ridiculousness
8) Funniest thing she’s ever done? She doesn’t take herself too seriously. We spent a lot of time laughing while we were pregnant about the “glamour” of pregnancy. I have some funny stories but I think most of them are of the TMI variety.
9) If you spend a date together with your kids, what would she want to do most? I think we would both want to take the kids to a beach somewhere warm, enjoy delicious food, and time with the kids without any other distractions.
10) If your friend could take a trip anywhere in the world, where would it be? Bali
11) Most perfect day for your friend “sans kids”? The most perfect day without kids would be a day of being pampered. You can do almost anything with kids if you don’t mind a slower pace but not a day at
the spa. Spending the day relaxing would be hard to beat!
12.) If your friend could have one wish what would it be? Make every flight 30 minutes long with no security
13.) If she could be anyone for a day who would it be? Maybe I’m projecting but I think she would be TSwift. We have a pretty cool squad but Taylor is the ultimate girls girl.