My Current Podcast Favorites
I wanted to share some new podcasts I have been listening to a lot lately! I go back and forth between listening to books and podcasts while driving, working out or traveling, but podcasts usually win since I love that I can finish an episode while at the gym or on a drive. Here are some new ones I have been loving and at the bottom I will have a list of the ones I have already mentioned but still listen to all the time.
1. Dirty John: I mentioned this one the other day but it was recommended to me by a friend and I really loved it! I listened to the entire season on my plane ride to NYC not too long ago. It is kind of murder mystery vibes and really entertaining.
2. Masters of Scale: This is a podcast by Reid Hoffman who founded Linkedin. I really really love this podcast because he really dives into details on specific topics with founders of companies or people in business. He interviews a lot of the same people who have been on How I Built This but instead of hearing the story of how they started he will pick a specific topic like “How to scale fast” or “How to know when to seek investments” etc. so you get to hear more of their story which is really fun. I have really enjoyed the episodes with Peter Thiel, Mariam Naficy and Marissa Mayer.
3. Armchair Expert: I could have mentioned this one before but this is Dax’s podcast where he does really long (sometimes almost 2 hours) interviews with celebrities and has really candid and open conversation with them. Sometimes a little too open where I am like okay could have done without that visual, Dax… haha. But I love that he asks questions that aren’t your typical interview questions and it feels like you are hearing them just hang out and talk. Our favorite episodes have been: Kristen Bell (obviously), Jason Bateman, Amy Schumer and Ashton Kutcher.
4. Dr. Death: Ah this one is crazzzy! It is about a surgeon who has his degree but was not properly trained so he ends up killing and seriously injuring his patients in surgeries and hops around from hospital to hospital — it kind of exposes how the healthcare system tries to protect itself from lawsuits but in the process ends up with situations like this. It is sooo fascinating and concerning to hear. Definitely recommend!
5. Oprah’s Masterclass: Oprah came out with this podcast not too long ago and it tells the stories of how famous and influential people got to where they are. It isn’t done in interview style – it is just the guest telling their story and advice to those listening. I really loved Jay-Z and Dwayne Johnson’s episodes.