Being 39 weeks pregnant and having not been feeling too good, I asked Olivia to model one of my FAVORITE beauty DIY’s !! This is a recipe on how to make your own homemade biore strips that you can use just on your nose, like you would a Biore strip, or you can do it to your whole face which is what I like to do and is what I had Olivia do in the photos! (And yes it is sickening how amazing her skin is without any make up!!) But this little concoction will leave your skin as smooth as ever and you’ll feel amazing.
So here is the recipe and directions…
1. Mix 1 TBSP Knox Unflavored Gelatin (make sure you get unflavored!!) with 1 1/2 – 2 TBSP of milk (totally preference! I have done both and prefer to do 1 1/2 Tbsp.) in a small plastic cup or something you can throw away after because it will harden and make it difficult for cleaning.
2. Microwave concoction for 10-15 seconds and apply to face immediately (it hardens quick!)
*I mix and apply mine with these little wooden ice cream spoons from Amazon which are perfect for application 🙂 and if you don’t have a microwave or something you can always heat up the milk in a pot beforehand and then add it to the gelatin.
3. Wait til the mixture on your face has dried completely and then peel off!
*Word to the wise – if you have peach fuzz it may pull on it! And hurt haha. So avoid those areas like around your ear and hair line and what not if you don’t want to experience that.
And that is it! Just two ingredients and your face will feel like a million bucks after no joke! It seriously makes it feel so smooth and flawless and your make up will go on like a DREAM the next day! Hope you guys all like it!! xoxo
*** UPDATE ***
If the gelatin is a little too harsh on your skin, or you’re looking for a vegan recipe, try substituting the Gelatin with Agar Agar or honey and then follow the same steps;)
Here is one more all natural black head removal tip…
1. Cut a lemon in half and apply honey (and a bit of sugar, although its not pictured) to the lemon half.
2. Rub on problem areas, for me that is my nose and in between my eyebrows and a few on my chin. This exfoliates and removes a lot of them.
3. Then for my stubborn ones, I grab my handy dandy, oh so flattering, magnifying mirror and my blackhead extractor and go to town!
*I would recommend DEFINITELY using a blackhead extractor because it is more sanitary and won’t get bacteria into those open pores! I use this one but there is also this one as well! And for a lot of you lemon, honey, and sugar might just be enough but for me I always have those stubborn ones that need to be extracted with an extractor!
Or if you are not into the homemade stuff then I LOVE LOVE LOVE Mario Badescu Silver Powder…. I have beyond amazing results with this stuff. I got it as a free sample with a purchase one day at Nordstrom and I have used the sample for probably 6 months already haha aka it lasts forever and its only $12! I use it differently than the directions, I believe the directions say to use a cotton ball but I get a Q-Tip wet and then dip it in the powder.. it will immediately create a paste around the Q-Tip and then I apply it to my problem areas. Let it dry and remove with a warm wash cloth. I love to do it before I have a big event or going somewhere and want my skin to look really smooth because it literally makes my skin so smooth and diminishes my pores. So I definitely recommend trying that out!
Here are some other blackhead removal products… Leave any you guys love in the comments below 🙂
PS I originally got the idea from this blog, here!