Amber asked me (David) to write today’s post. More precisely, Amber called me, I’m currently in California, and said, “I can’t find my computer charger, will you write today’s post for me?” and I obviously obliged. You know what they say, a couple that shares a computer charger, who’s always teetering on 5%, stays together.
So I’ll stay true to form and write another 12 things guest post.
1. We’ve been watching Vikings, which I’m sure Amber’s mentioned. It’s inspired her recently in her braids, and me in my facial hair.
2. I got a new smoker! First thing I did after setting it up was go to our deep freeze to pull out some salmon from my last Alaska trip, only to find out that it had somehow shut off, spoiling my entire freezer full of delicious salmon. I may have shed a tear.
3. USMNT lost today. Another tear. Looks like I won’t have as much invested in the world cup next year, so go Croatia!
4. Amber always whistles Christmas songs, regardless of the time of year. Today my 10 year old nephew Owen did the same thing. Birds of a feather!
5. Ketosis is no big deal. Ketosis in the movie theatre on the other hands is the worst. There’s no greater FOMO than watching someone else eating popcorn while you’re sulking and eating a cucumber.
6. While I was in Iceland I kept thinking to myself, man Coke Zero is better here! Turns out they had rolled out Coke Zero Sugar already and I didn’t know. Thoughts? I’m sold.
7. Also I’m late to the game on dirty Dr Pepper. I know that’s like, sooo 2015.
8. I kept telling Amber how I can’t wait till Atticus is older so we can build legos together. So she went ahead and bought us a set. Why wait? It’s been a blast to have that father son time when Rosie goes to bed. Despite the fact that the set is for 16+ years it’s actually teaching him patience, colors, numbers and how to follow instructions. Besides, sometimes I don’t feel like I’m 16 yet either.
9. I don’t like watching movie trailers. Yes this includes the new Star Wars one. And I’m a huge Star Wars fan so it’s especially difficult. But for the most part I can tell within 5 seconds if I’m going to like a movie. So why watch the rest and risk spoiling it? “I like to go in fresh!” – Frank Costanza
10. BYU football 🙁
11. I used to be a no Christmas before Thanksgiving type. But with all that’s going on in the world, maybe a few extra days of holiday spirit won’t hurt anybody. But I saw decorations the other day in the store. I draw the line at no Christmas before Halloween!
12. If you could fly, or be invisible, which would you chose? I’d chose flying. Think carefully.
*Pardon my typos. My computer ran out of batteries so I’m writing this on my phone.