These are some pictures from the other day! Amber Mozo snapped them while we were on the beach with her. This was a week after I had a chemical peel done so I wore my big hat! It is VERY big and I love it because it is a shade machine. I have been so so careful with the sun while we have been here. I am doing a post soon on some of my favorite sunscreens for myself because I am pretty particular and found some over the years that I use regularly. And I am still using my favorite tanning towelettes that I have talked about on here for almost 2 years now!
Here are some things I love about life lately….
- Painting with the kiddos. I got them a few of these giant coloring rolls and we tape them to the table or floor and paint or color them – or both! We leave them taped there for a week or so or until they are done. It is so fun.
- Driving through Hawaii and just thinking how God must feel pretty good about his work. So. Beautiful.
- Working out. I have really been loving working out lately. Sometimes I have to talk myself into it but lately I crave going.
- Rosie’s pats on the back. Whenever I pick her up she wraps her arm around me and pats my back – it is her little sign of endearment and its so sweet!
- Seeing readers here in Hawaii. Everyone who has come to say hi has been so unbelievably sweet.
- Planning fun theme days for the kiddos! David and I went through and planned a bunch of fun days we can do with them like “wind day” “rock day” etc. and we planned fun crafts and activities and a letter each day. Thank you pinterest and fun moms who post their cool ideas on the internet. I will share any that are a big hit.
- Trying new deep conditioners. Got a few new ones and now I just need to get my roots done!! Thank you for your suggestions, I think I am going to try out J Salon since a lot of you said you liked it.
- The color of the waves at Pipeline and Sunset Beach! The aqua blue color in the huge waves is sooo pretty. And the waves are so relaxing!
I am also thrilled that we are getting SO close to Chauncey getting here. We are less than a week away. It feels like Christmas and it makes me so anxious (in the best way)!!! Ahhhhh. Worth every hoop we have had to jump through. Hawaii doesn’t make it easy for these pups to get here! But we had to drive to the quarantine area to get notarized documents signed for when he comes and I am SO happy we chose not to have him in quarantine. It is so sad seeing those cages and Chauncey would not have been happy there at all. It is really hard to see those.. 🙁 Our friend who has been watching Chauncey has a dog walker who is an avid hiker and takes Chauncey and 3 other pups on a three mile hike – 5 days a week!!! He has lost so much weight! We get pictures all the time and the kids flip out when they see the pictures. I seriously can’t wait to see the look on the kids faces! Gives me happy tears thinking about it. xoxoxo