My 6 Most Recent Reads
These are the 6 most recent reads of mine and also some of the books I have lined up in my Kindle and Audible.
1. Contagious – Absolutely LOVED this book! I really was so inspired by a lot of the things said and they sparked some new ideas with projects we are working on. It goes over why certain marketing is successful and why some isn’t.. But he shares some really good examples and I got a lot out of it.
2. Shoe Dog – Love, love, love Phil’s story! It is so inspiring and really fun to hear the entire story of how Nike started. Especially if you are a business owner it is fun to read because there were so many obstacles and so much time that went into it – it is a good reminder that nothing is easy and never to give up.
3. The Checklist Manifesto – Not going to lie I did NOT like this book! I kept waiting for him to get into what elements he adds to his checklists or the ins and outs of doing personal check lists but he just goes on and on about why they are important in other industries. Which I get and found interesting for the first couple hours but then got really bored of it and kept reading until about the last chapter and he still hadn’t gotten into what I was wanting to hear so I stopped ha! Maybe the last chapter is gold but I will never know. I instead read summaries of the book online.
4. Tribe of Mentors – I mentioned this on my instagram stories, but this isn’t a book you necessarily read cover to cover, but more just pick one or two to read each day. The book is a collection of advice from hundreds of successful people. Tim asks them questions and each person has about a page to a page and half. So I keep this in my office and pick a couple each day to read about. Some I like to re-read too!
5. Unlimited Memory – This was a verrry quick read that I heard was really good and I was interested because I would love to improve my memory (I am bad with names). I thought it was really interesting and have used some of the things talked about but not necessarily the best book ever.
6. A Man Called Ove – I got half way in and still wasn’t in love with this but everyone said to keep going because apparently it is really good in the end so I started back up and am finishing this one!
Some books I have on my list for 2019:
What books are you currently reading? Any book recommendations you think I should add to my list?
The Perfect Books for Every Woman in Your Life
I’ve put together a list of books perfect for gifting to all of the women on your list this year. Coffee table books for the ladies who love design and style, a cookbook for the culinary girls, a handful of novels for those of us who can’t resist a good story (me!), and a few children’s books for the small ones.