Plant Shopping & 12 Things
- Had the best waffle ever the other day – it was at at Lolo’s Chicken and Waffles at the Phoenix airport. It looked like a glorified eggo waffle (I love eggo waffles) and was soooo good so last night I ordered another from a different location – except this one was not as good and seemed like a different waffle. Sad.
- My biggest pet peeve (okay not my biggest but up there) is when there are people looking for seats at the gate at the airport and none are available for them because people are taking up too many unnecessary spaces. Like one guy was alone and had his mcdonalds bag in one seat, his backpack in another. Another women was taking up FOUR seats with her belongings. I can’t handle the fact that they see families or couples walking around trying to find a seat and don’t even THINK to move their stuff.. real fired up about this one right now hahah.
- I love having a group chat with my girlfriends where we can literally say whatever. It always lifts my mood. Love that nothing is off limits with us – like we can talk about a weird bodily function or something we hate. Doesn’t have to be pretty and nice and make us sound good. Everyone needs friends like that where you can literally say anything.
4. I went to my 10 year high school reunion – I was honestly so nervous for it but it wasn’t bad and in fact I actually thought it was pretty fun so I am glad I went.
5. We just got back from Memphis and had such a good time – from the amazing food to getting to learn more about St. Jude’s and meeting some of the patients – it was an amazing experience. I want to tell you more about this in a bigger blog post so I will save it for that!
6. I am very happy with this recent Amazon find – I found these pajamas for the kids – they are so soft and only $15 and the colors are so pretty.
7. Another pet peeve is seeing people insta storying and driving. It makes me sick that I have ever done this. I have only done it once that I can think of BUT STILL. I have become wiser since. It makes me so anxious seeing mothers insta storying with their kids in back. Or really anyone for that matter. The other day I was behind this truck – he was in the fast lane and I was wondering why he was going sooo slow with a huge line of cars behind him. I passed him and looked over and sure enough he was just full on texting. Not the subtle texting you sometimes see people doing where they think no one will notice – just straight up had his phone out typing away while going 50 in a 75 with people passing him.
8. My drink of choice on all flights always: cranapple.
9. Something I did recently that felt sooo good was I got rid of ALL the kids mismatched cups, plates, bowls, etc and started fresh with a plain white set. I got these items all in white – flat plates, divided plates, cups, silverware, bowls. It is so nice to not have colors because sometimes my kids ONLY want a certain color – so I feel like white just makes it easy so no one is fighting over getting a “special” plate but mostly it just makes me happy seeing all the white in the dishwasher or in the kid’s drawer haha – so gratifying and makes me feel so organized.
10. I haven’t given a house update in a while!! I need to do a blog post on it. It is super exciting seeing certain things get done like seeing the roof on finally and the trim work done. I will post some pics soon!
11. The other day I realized I never picked out a book to read for the month and now I am so behind so I am going to pick back up in October! Still deciding which book to read..
12. I love that I can feel the baby kicking now 🙂 I have a pregnancy update post going up Monday!
HAVE AN AMAZING WEEKEND!
Face Steaming and Blackhead Extraction 101
Beauty & Skincare
I recently showed on my insta stories that I had steamed my face and then done some serious blackhead extracting and wow I have been overwhelmed by the amount of DM’s about specifics on this and links for things. So I hope this answers everyone’s questions.