Summer in Whistler & 12 Things
Back with a 12 Things and pics from Whistler! It has been a while since I have done a 12 things and figured you guys were just dying to hear 12 completely random thoughts from my brain 😉 also a huge thanks to Four Seasons for making our trip so amazing.
1. This isn’t new news or anything but I have been feeling soooo meh lately. It is really frustrating because usually when I feel this way a quick affirmation or change in my thoughts can turn my day around but these past weeks have felt like nothing helps. It is really discouraging. I think it helps most just to play with the kids and be silly with them. I have kind of been a negative nancy lately.
2. I have to write blog posts at home, either in my bed or on the couch. Anytime I try to do it in my office it feels sooo weird. I have done it from home for 8 years now that anything else feels off like I don’t know what to even say. So here I am in bed writing this. *also I am sooo much more productive at night. Just a fun fact. And I am also curious if you guys are more productive at night or during the day.. maybe I will do an insta poll.
3. I feel extremely lucky to have gotten to work with Four Seasons for about 5 years now. I love that you always know you are going to get amazing food, incredible service, and the best experience. I am not just saying this because I work with them, I work with them because I believe this. They are the best hotels we have ever stayed at and everything is just always above and beyond – all the little details just make the stay that much better.
4. A highlight of the trip for me was the whole snowman debacle haha. I am not sure if you read this on my instagram but the kids made a snowman with David (also no it wasn’t cold! It was in the high 70’s but still had some snow that will probably be gone by now) and the kids got sooo attached to it! Especially Atticus. He was devastated when it was time to say goodbye.. through lots of sniffling and tears he would say how he didn’t want him to melt because he is his friend. He begged to bring him on the helicopter! In the helicopter on the way out it was like a dramatic movie flying overtop the snowman and Atticus crying, sniffling, and saying I miss you on the headsets as he waved goodbye. Lots of bear hugs for Atticus and telling him we could frame a photo of snowman for his room was the only thing that made him feel better. It was so tender and sweet!
*oh also the picnic that Blackcomb Helicopters set up for us at the lake we flew to was INCREDIBLE! David and I kept saying to each other that it was one of our favorite experiences ever.
5. We got fresh strawberries and raspberries at the farmers market in Whistler and then I set them down and forgot to grab them and left them there. Sweet.
6. In our new house we have 4 fireplaces which everyone is like.. wait aren’t you in Arizona? Lol.. but I love the ambiance that a fire gives off and I can’t wait to have the fireplace going each night as I lay in bed (and probably write more blog posts). We loved having the fire going in the hotel and watching a movie with popcorn (they will bring you a big bowl of popcorn if you call and ask the front desk!) and cuddles to end the night.
7. Atticus starts school in the morning and he is THRILLED about it!!!! He is super excited to show his teachers all that he learned this summer. They gave him some challenges and things to work on and he honestly killed it with each exercise, I am so so so proud of him! (also whyyy are summer’s soo short now with school? I don’t think school should start until late August.. at least!)
8. I just checked my DM’s on insta and after the Rosie eating corn video I have lots of you asking about how we get her to eat food like that and what we did with her to get her to have such a good relationship with food. We actually did learn a lot from what we did and didn’t do with Atticus and adjusted what we wanted to change with Rosie. It would be too long to explain on here but maybe I will do a blog post or insta story on this.
9. We started watching Sharp Objects — originally because I lovvve Amy Adams so when I saw she was in a series I wanted to try. It is SOO heavy though, wow. I am not sure if we will be able to finish this one.
10. I have the biggest girl crush on Kate McKinnon!!!!!! Like I think she is incredible. I love her on SNL and get so excited when I see her in new movies. I loved her on Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee – I love love love how goofy and hilarious she is and that she is also so smart and just doesn’t care what anyone thinks of her. Her confidence is amazing.
11. We are designing box prints for Barefoot Blonde Hair spring and summer 2019 boxes and can’t wait for you to see one of our summer boxes!!!! I have a feeling it will be my favorite of them all.
12. When I was little I used to always have tomato soup with macaroni noodles and cheese in it. I have been craving this non stop and just made a masssive bowl of it. It is so good and so nostalgic to me. I made it for the kids tonight too and was so excited that they liked it! Did anyone else have this growing up?!
Okay that is all for today. Love you guys and thanks for reading!
SHOP THE POST
How is everybody’s June going?! I can’t believe its almost July and time for our annual trip to Utah for the Fourth! We just got back from Tahiti and it was incredible – I will do a separate post on that! But today I have a 12 things for you.