BY JESSICA HETHERINGTON
Most of you probably do not know I take all my photos with my iPhone and when Thomas (my hubby) is not around to take them for me, I have a super easy way to take them myself. Here’s how I do it!
1. Choose an area that has good natural light to create your photo shoot. If you can, try to avoid direct sunlight.
2. I create a homemade tri pod like stand that gives you the angle you’re looking for. I usually use a stool or a chair then grab an object you can lean your phone on like a candle, water bottle or lotion. You want something that weighs enough to hold up your phone.
3. Set your phone to video and start recording (tip: make sure your camera lens is whiped clean) then prop your phone up and make sure you have it pointed in the right direction and angle. Now, do your thing in front of the camera, have fun with it and get creative! After all, no one is watching. 😉 In this case, I did a headstand with my little 18 month boy River. I got in my pose, laughed with river, moved around in the pose a bit then press stop when you’re finished. My total vid was about one minute thirty seconds.
4. Watch your video then when you see the best moment captured, press pause. Now, you want to screen shot that moment. With my iPhone I have to tap the screen to get the play symbol/overlay to go away so the entire screen is just the photo, like bellow. Take a screen shot, now you’re ready to edit.
5. I use the app VSCO to edit all my photos. It has a nice selection of filters with options to purchase more. My personal favorite are the the numbers like 7 and the A category like A6. Import your photo into VSCO, put your preferred filter on the photo. You can adjust the strength of the filter with the bar down below if needed then I adjust my exposure. I usually always brighten my photo. I then play around with the temperature, I usually warm it up a bit then sharpen it to right amount you think looks good.
There you go! You should have photo that looks professional and ready to post!
How did it turn out? I would love to see your photos, tag me on Instagram @sheandwolf.
I find that I get multiple photos and when it involves my kids, I capture real moments because
you feel like the camera is not even rolling.
Have fun with it and let me know if you have any questions.
Visit our contributor section for posts on beauty, family and more.
Tone Up with These Ten Yoga Poses
I’ve put together 10 poses in this yoga routine for all levels and it will only take you 5 minutes. This routine is a full body strengthening and toning routine that will leave you feeling energized but more calm and collected when finished. All you need is a comfortable place on the ground, clothes you can move in and your breath.