Tacos & 12 Things
Since today is Tuesday I figured it would be appropriate so share these taco pics from a little while back. First I wanted to say thank you for your comments on my last post! Love hearing what you other mamas do and you guys always have good advice or just the nicest comments that brighten my day. I always read all comments even if I don’t have time to respond. I started writing a draft of a blog post for next week – it is about things I want to do or see before I turn 30 and it got me thinking that I would love to hear what your things are too. So be thinking of that and get ready to share in the comments next week. But it could be any number depending on how old you are – things you want to do before you turn 20, 40 or 50 or whatever milestone is next for you. And the things on the list can be anything from running a marathon or being a more decisive person… anything. And because you know I love these lists…. here are 12 things.
1. We picked out our windows for our home yesterday!!! We went with white windows and we decided to have all the windows casement windows so that we can open them in the winter when its nice outside. We did a square grid pattern with smaller squares instead of rectangles! This is my first time building a home so excuse me if my lingo is off haha.
2. We also had to decide between black and gold for the hardware of our home — the handles on the doors and cranks on the windows.. I was having the hardest time because I lovvve gold .. but I decided on black just because we are going to have a black front door and we do have black accents in our home so I thought it would tie in nicely. We also have gold light fixtures and some gold knobs so I worried it would be too much gold.
3. Somehow I have a pretty deep cut on my tongue and I have no clue how I got it but it hurrrts and is really annoying.
4. I am now on week 9 of the PWR program on the Sweat app… and after every single work out whatever muscle I worked is so sore the next day – but like to the point where it feels like I got hit by a car haha I am not even kidding. That probably sounds dramatic but the couple days after leg day I for real have to waddle around!!! BUT I lovvvvve the program so much and am seeing muscles forming on my body AND I feel like I kinda sorta have a butt for the first time in my life!!!
5. My day was made when I saw that Lauren Conrad’s team featured Barefoot Blonde Hair in a blog post (you can see it here!) It was such a fun surprise for me!
6. I have the worst crows feet smile line wrinkles – and I don’t even care because if you can get wrinkles from smiling then those are the wrinkles I want. Also that big massive smile is the same smile I am doing in all photos of me as a kid.
7. I am sitting here eating Trader Joe’s peanut butter cups while I type this in my office. I have a huge container of them and normally I don’t like dark chocolate but these are sooo good.
8. Before I started the PWR program I was told a lot that I looked “too skinny” and now that I have gained about 13 lbs (hopefully most of that is muscle) I get comments that say I look pregnant or am looking like I gained weight. So I am here to tell you that you CANNOT WIN so don’t even try (let me be clear that I didn’t start weight lifting to make the people happy who said I was too skinny) but moral of the story do whatever the F you want.
9. David and I watched the movie Wild.. FINALLY! And we absolutely LOVED it!!!! We immediately planned a backpacking camping trip .. albeit a short two night one since we do have kids with us .. but I lovvve backpacking and am super excited. The whole time during the movie I could see in David that he was getting a hiking bug .. he loves outdoors and loves to camp, fish, hike everything. And so do I since my dad always took us growing up!
10. I ordered Coco and Greatest Showman on Amazon and they came in the mail so I am so excited to watch them with the kids! We absolutely loved Coco and they haven’t seen Greatest Showman yet!
11. I am getting laser hair removal!!!! I am so excited. I went for my first appt and will go back in about 5 weeks. I am getting mine done at LaserAway for those who have asked. They have a location in Chandler that I went to and I was prepared for it to hurt really bad — but it only hurt in a couple areas and even then wasn’t too bad. Definitely not what I was expecting. I hope it works for me! I am getting my Brazilian, legs, and armpits.
12. We might go to Tahiti this summer and I am sooooooo so so so so excited!!!!