Exactly one year ago I was in the hospital eating ice and watching Ridiculousness in the hospital room waiting for Rosie girl to make her debut! Her delivery was quick and easy and the moment I held her she latched on and started nursing which will always be one of the most special moments of my life! We instantly had a really special bond and I have always felt how much she loves me in return because she is such a loving little girl. I love how much she needs her mom and dad! So many of my favorite memories are ones of us laying in bed snuggling and staring at each other and nursing. Rosie has 8 teeth, her 7th and 8th teeth just popped through! She loves to “hide” from Atticus when he comes to tickle her. Loves especially loves yogurt, raspberries, and strawberries. Still loves stuffed animals.. her reactions to them are priceless. Loves to give kisses!! She doesn’t know how to pucker yet so her pucker is her bottom lip coming out in a pout. Copies words occasionally (mama, dada, duck, wow, cat) and loves to copy gestures (clapping, waving, patting). Loves when we sing songs and nursery rhymes. Ro has the funniest crawl and drags one leg behind her. Started walking but picks and chooses when she shows off this new talent. Her record is 12 steps! And one more thing that we LOVE about Rosie is that she smiles with her eyes! She has the happiest smile.
I remember being a babysitter and babysitting kids when I was in high school. I always loved seeing the kids when they saw their mom and was so excited for when that day came when I was the person that kid wanted to run to and the one that made everything feel better for them. It is just as good as I had hoped and I especially feel it with Rosie since she is more shy than Atticus was and clings to David and I! Atticus is super social and always has been comfortable with lots of people – he makes everyone feel special. Rosie is more reserved and has a bit more stranger danger which for me, I kinda love because that means I am the one who gets her snuggles all the time 😉
Some of my favorite memories or favorite things about Rosie…
- Road tripping through Ireland and the only way she would be happy in the carseat was if I held her hands tight and kept my nose by hers.
- Watching her eat beans and get so messy.
- Seeing her talk in her little language she has now and get so into it with her wide eyes.
- When her and Atticus both are cracking up at the same time. Music to my ears!
- Also when they are both excitedly clapping at the same time and watching her try to copy everything he does.
- Seeing Rosie pose as Hillary Clinton on Halloween because she was so in character and was eating up the attention hahaha
- Anytime she is staring off into space and finally catches you staring at her and LIGHTS up with the hugest smile! RIP MY HEART OUT WHY DON’T YOU ROSIE!
- Her and her friend Jack who is the same age as her legitimately open mouth kiss.. and I am not saying they do this by chance but they both knowingly kiss each other, I swear!! They are so cute together.
- All the times she fell asleep on me – especially the time in Nantucket when we just rocked on the beach and snuggled. And when we napped on the beach in Mexico.
- I love when she claps for herself!
Okay I could go on and on but we really really really really love you Rosie!! We love hanging out with you and love watching you grow up!! xoxoxox