Since it is summer and everyone is swimming, out in the sun, etc. I wanted to do a post on 7 ways to keep your hair healthy during the summertime! It is the best time in my opinion to give your hair extra love and there are so many easy ways to do it.
1. Throw a deep conditioner on while you’re lying out or by the pool! I recently discovered Hair Mayonnaise from Sally Beauty and ohhhh my goodness this stuff is AMAZING! Truly it is one of the best hair treatments I have ever used and with that price?!?! Too good to be true. I feel like it is my secret weapon when my hair really needs to be refreshed. Get your hair wet and throw it on your ends while you’re lounging outside and then rinse it off when you go inside or get in the pool! Your hair will feel amazing.
2. Sun protection spray. Ion has a really good sun protector you can spritz on your hair before you go out in the sun all day. It will really help keep your hair from drying out and it will keep it nice and soft!
3. Use a swimmer’s shampoo. I swam in the swim team all growing up so I know all about this stuff! It is definitely a must have if you are going to be in the pool and having chlorine in your hair! Just wash your hair with it when you get out – super simple and makes a BIG difference.
4. Wear a hat! This one is kind of obvious but I always forget to throw one on and it’s probably the simplest and quickest solution when wanting to keep your hair healthy in the sun.
5. Get your hair wet before getting in the pool. Your hair is like a sponge so as soon as you get in it will soak up all the chlorine! If you get your hair wet with a hose or shower beforehand then your hair will soak up WAYY less!
6. Go a summer without heat. This is a hard one! But a couple years ago my hair was so damaged and it was really horrible. I needed to do something drastic to get it healthy again so I went an entire summer without blow drying, curling, etc. It was ammmmazing and the best results I have seen in trying to get my hair healthy! If you can’t cut all heat maybe just tell yourself you won’t blow dry all summer.
7. Use a sea salt spray or braid your hair. This is a really easy way to give your hair texture so when it air dries it looks nice and beachy and you can skip curling/flat ironing!