^^before we took pictures I was powdering my face and David decided to take pictures, but no, these were not staged 🙂 BUT you must try Lorac finishing powder because it is thee best eva.
Okay this hairstyle.. listen to this story. So I was helping David book his last minute flights to DC and I am just braiding my hair while I do so.. I end up with three long, messy fishtails in the back of my head and I had this vision of what I wanted it to look like. So after his flights are booked, I go into the bathroom and start pinning them every which way.
So I am having hard time seeing the back and my arms are in weird positions trying to style the back but in between pinnings I am holding up a mirror in front of me looking in the mirrior behind me and I thought it looked good. Well, David walks in and says… “whatcha doin to your hair babe?” “..oh just a little random braid thing.” “really? hm.. okay… so are we wanting it to look like a birds nest?”
I started cracking up and asked if it seriously looked like that or if it was one of those “okay youre a guy and you dont get that this is actually reallly cute” moments but he said “I guess I am just not seeing your vision.” So then I explained my vision and he goes.. “Okay let me have at this.”
And I ended up with the above. Literally, my husband did my hair.
Afterwards he said, do you want me to show you how I did it?? Of course I said yes and immediately thought afterwards.. “why did I not think of doing it like that and my husband did???”
SO here is how he did it… try to stay with me 🙂
- Make three long fishtails in the back of your head. I know its hard to braid in the back of your head but the good news is, it doesn’t matter how messy these look.
- Take the very right fishtail, circling it UPWARDS make an O shape while crossing the end through (like when you have a piece of string, and you are going to tie a knot but you wouldnt pull it tight so it would be an O with the cross through.. I hope that makes sense!)
- With the middle fishtail take the end and cross it through the right circle you just made, then make the same O shape (loose knot) of course, pinning it to your head so it stays up.
- With the very left braid, repeat step 3 only crossing the end through the middle braid before you make and pin the loose O.
- Basically this will make a chain link with the braids.. and you will end up with this! The ends that are straight you will have to tuck in and pin to hide!
I really hope that made sense! If it didn’t honestly you can pin them however you would like and I think it would be cute! (I mean I did think my version was pretty cute even though he didnt 🙂 ) Here is the instagram I posted last night, I think you can see it better!
And I hope you guys have a good day! I don’t have any work today so I am planning on watching a movies with Chauncey and trying out a new epsom salt detox concoction I saw on pinterest for my bath.. (I live for baths) I will share how it works! xx