A lot of you have been asking about what I eat/do for a diet for about a year now. And I am finally getting around to telling you all. This is the diet I do before a vacation or special event or something.. in just my day to day life I try to eat as healthy as I can but i don’t worry about not having carbs after lunch and I will eat actual desserts I just try not to too late at night. I usually find something good that I love and keep going back to that…. you could say I get in food ruts.. but I love my tasty ruts. I don’t have strict guidelines.. I just try to stay away from carbs and sugar as much as I can but mostly I try to eat healthy and exercise a lot. I am still a girl with a raging hormonal sweet tooth so I am always craving sweets. I try to do alternative healthier sweets, but sometimes I just need to eat a gosh dang cookie or bowl of ice cream. So I do, I just make sure to balance that with physical activity.
*I will post my work out routines/tricks soon!
1. steel cut oats with sliced bananas and vanilla almond milk. If you haven’t tried vanilla almond milk I highly recommend! I used to add loads of brown sugar to my oatmeal or cream of wheat but with vanilla almond milk you don’t have to, its a much healthier alternative! (make sure you don’t get the unsweetened kind.. I sometimes accidentally do that because it will still say vanilla so it tricks ya.. but its gross)
2. vanilla yogurt (any brand, I get whatever generic brand has the best deal that day) and add grapes or strawberries or raspberries.. just whatever fruit I have laying around at the time
*I also eat this whenever I am craving sugar or sweets
3. bacon and eggs. my favorite way to do it is lay the bacon down, I do 3 pieces, and then once they are pretty much cooked, crack 2 eggs right on top of them like you would a fried egg and just let it cook however you like your fried egg. Does that make sense? It ends up being a fried egg with 3 pieces of bacon cooked inside and I just eat it like I would a piece of pizza haha
*I don’t have carbs after lunch time so I try to take advantage of lunch time and have a sandwich or something!
1. sliced cucumbers with sliced turkey. I get two of the cucumbers and a slice of turkey and put them together like a sandwich and then I dip it in light ranch (it’s better in cafe rio ranch.. but what isn’t better in cafe rio ranch??). I have a few of those along with a half sandwich with light mayo, whole wheat bread, cucumbers, and turkey.
I love to put chips in my sandwiches to give it texture but cucumbers do the same thing and are healthier.
2. Whole sandwich with whole wheat bread. I either put egg salad, chicken salad, blt, or bananas and peanut butter inside.
3. Bruschetta with tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and balsamic glaze (get the glaze its so much better than the liquidy vinegar.. if you don’t know what that means just ask someone at the grocery store and they should know what you’re talkin’ about!)
4. tomato soup with macaroni noodles and lots of cheese.
so. freaking. good.
1. chicken breast dipped in egg whites and then dipped in blended up fiber one cereal baked in the oven. It essentially tastes like breaded chicken only the fiber one is a healthier alternative.
2. Salads. I am a savage when it comes to salads I just put anything I have in a Tupperware, throw some light dressing on and shake it up. I either broccoli, cucumbers, tomatoes, cheese, corn, chicken, seriously whatever I have.
3. Mmmm I lovvvve making shredded chicken with seasoning and adding corn to it and then getting a head of lettuce and just make lettuce wraps with it. Its so yummy.
4. Veggies. I usually just have squash and asparagus and saute them together with some olive oil and whatever seasonings sound good at the time.
1. sugar free & carb free jello parfaits
2. sugar free puddings
3. sugar free & carb free strawberries and cream tic tacs – I eat these to curve a sugar craving
4. a chocolate protein shake with peanut butter and vanilla almond milk.. so yummy!!
5. vanilla yogurt with fruit
6. carrots dipped in cafe rio ranch. divine.
7. cucumbers and turkey in ranch
8. strawberry dipped in dark chocolate
9. bananas dipped in crushed graham crackers
Have a healthy eating!!