The privacy of those who visit this web site is of primary concern to Barefoot Blonde. We automatically collect some data from everyone who visits our site. None of this information is shared with outside parties other than our sponsors and or affiliates.
Barefoot Blonde is a part of affiliate advertising programs. This means that if you click and/or make a purchase through certain links on this site or any related social media platforms, I have the potential to make a commission from that click and/or purchase. All opinions are my own.
Today I am showing you guys a good at home condition treatment for your hair! But first let me say that I got the idea from cutest Weslie at lovechugs.blogspot.com .. she mentioned she puts coconut oil on her hair and if you have seen Weslie, who doesn’t want hair like her’s? I mean seriously. So of course I run on over to the store and pick up some coconut oil to give it a whirl.
I love it.
I don’t think it matters how you do it, but this is how I did it:
1. washed my hair like normal
2. let it air dry til about 30% of the wetness was gone
3. melted down the oil (it comes in a solid form so just run it under hot water)
4. applied to my hair from roots to ends
5. pinned it up and put a shower cap on (or use saran wrap! you don’t necessarily need to cover it though it will just help the heat stay in.. You want heat so the cuticles of your hair can open and the oil can penetrate if you will (I hate the word penetrate))
6. took a blow dryer and blew on high for about 10 minutes
7. let it sit for 20 more (let’s the hair cool which means the cuticles will close and lock in the oil)
8. washed it out (I washed like normal with shampoo and conditioner and hot water… maybe you don’t have to but I did and mine was not waxy or greasy after)
I know thats a lot of steps… but its really not a lot of work and its amazing. Your hair will be silky smooth I promise.