The privacy of those who visit this web site is of primary concern to Barefoot Blonde. We automatically collect some data from everyone who visits our site. None of this information is shared with outside parties other than our sponsors and or affiliates.
Barefoot Blonde is a part of affiliate advertising programs. This means that if you click and/or make a purchase through certain links on this site or any related social media platforms, I have the potential to make a commission from that click and/or purchase. All opinions are my own.
Hi guys! My name is Amber Fillerup Clark, I am 25 years old and I am married to my best friend, David, where we currently live in New York City with our one year old Atticus and Golden Retriever and soon to be baby girl (due November!)
I have always loved all things hair, beauty, fashion, and fitness so that is what this blog is all about! I share with you guys my personal style, hair tutorials for fun styles I come up with, beauty tips, and occasional fitness tips as well! Hope you enjoy and thanks so much for reading!!
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you wear extensions?
Oh heavens, yes! I wish this was all real :)
How tall are you?
I am 5’10”
What colors do you use in your hair?
I ALWAYS break my base with a 7N and then use bleach with 30 volume developer for the highlights! For every two highlights I pull one lowlight through with the 7N! If that makes no sense to you, thats okay, just tell all of that to your hair dresser!
What foundation do you use?
I am addicted to Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation! It is so fabulous and lasts all day long and you hardly need any, it goes a long way! I use my beauty blender or Sephora #46 brush to blend it. You can shop all my make up product must haves – here
Do you use a tanning lotion?
Yes, I have tried a ton of them but Kate Somerville Tanning Towelettes are my favorite!
We have been dying to go to the beach since we moved to NYC and decided to do a little mid week trip there – it was sooo fun and just as amazing as I thought it would be. Before Atticus was born my cousin gave us a bunch of her boys old clothes that she wasn’t using anymore (I love hand me down baby clothes, they are so soft!) and in the bunch were a ton of Splendid baby clothes! I have always worn Splendid (lots of posts but this post has my fav pajamas by them!) and didn’t realize they made baby clothes and all of the onesies made by them ended up being our favs. Needless to say we are big fans of Splendid around here. So today we are teaming up with them to show you what we packed for our weekend trip…
Since it is summer and everyone is swimming, out in the sun, etc. I wanted to do a post on 7 ways to keep your hair healthy during the summertime! It is the best time in my opinion to give your hair extra love and there are so many easy ways to do it.
1. Throw a deep conditioner on while you’re lying out or by the pool! I recently discovered Hair Mayonnaise from Sally Beauty and ohhhh my goodness this stuff is AMAZING! Truly it is one of the best hair treatments I have ever used and with that price?!?! Too good to be true. I feel like it is my secret weapon when my hair really needs to be refreshed. Get your hair wet and throw it on your ends while you’re lounging outside and then rinse it off when you go inside or get in the pool! Your hair will feel amazing.
2. Sun protection spray. Ion has a really good sun protector you can spritz on your hair before you go out in the sun all day. It will really help keep your hair from drying out and it will keep it nice and soft!
3. Use a swimmer’s shampoo. I swam in the swim team all growing up so I know all about this stuff! It is definitely a must have if you are going to be in the pool and having chlorine in your hair! Just wash your hair with it when you get out – super simple and makes a BIG difference.
4. Wear a hat! This one is kind of obvious but I always forget to throw one on and it’s probably the simplest and quickest solution when wanting to keep your hair healthy in the sun.
5. Get your hair wet before getting in the pool. Your hair is like a sponge so as soon as you get in it will soak up all the chlorine! If you get your hair wet with a hose or shower beforehand then your hair will soak up WAYY less!
6. Go a summer without heat. This is a hard one! But a couple years ago my hair was so damaged and it was really horrible. I needed to do something drastic to get it healthy again so I went an entire summer without blow drying, curling, etc. It was ammmmazing and the best results I have seen in trying to get my hair healthy! If you can’t cut all heat maybe just tell yourself you won’t blow dry all summer.
7. Use a sea salt spray or braid your hair. This is a really easy way to give your hair texture so when it air dries it looks nice and beachy and you can skip curling/flat ironing!