Celebrating Five Years
It is our five year anniversary!!!! It feels like it has flown by, but it I also can’t remember what it was even like before, best decision I ever made and even though our marriage isn’t perfect (and don’t be fooled because no ones is) I love love love the life we have created and wouldn’t change a thing. I love it soooo much. So in honor of our anniversary I wanted to do a special post for all my readers and of course that had to include taking new photos in a wedding dress and tux!!! I told David every five years I want to wear a wedding dress again, because WHY NOT? Keep reading for a marriage Q&A, wedding tips for the bride and I have also included a few of my favorite wedding photos.
Our Marriage Q&A
If you could sum up our marriage in one word what would it be?
Amber : Our marriage in one word — “adventurous” in the best way.
David : Perfect (with just the right amount of flaw)
What was the best marriage advice you have received?
Amber : I loved the advice of not giving your best to everyone else throughout the day and having nothing left to give your spouse. Be the best version of you to your spouse first, even if that means giving less of your energy to other people. Your husband and family deserve the best of you each and every day.
David : Learn how to give a massage.
Our Favorite Things About Each Other :
1. He is really selfless especially in our marriage. He goes above and beyond to do sweet things for me and spoil me.
2. My biggest cheerleader. David supports all of my ideas and dreams.. this is something that really means a lot to me.
3. Just as spontaneous as I am! I could talk us both into moving to Germany next week if I really wanted to. We love a good adventure and I don’t know what I would do if he wasn’t as fun as he is!
4. Accepts all of me and all of my flaws and makes me think they are good things. He is really understanding of bad days I have and instead of telling me what I could have done better he is always there to comfort me or just be someone I can talk something through with.
5. Such a great dad! He does such fun things with the kiddos and is the best at taking care of them!
1. Her creativity
2. Her love for travel
3. Her love for our kids
4. How much she thinks of others
5. Her love for a good nap
Amber's Favorite Moments
1. Every single night spent in Hawaii…. we dream of having a summer home there one day. Specifically the nights on Backyard’s beach when the sun was setting and Chauncey was running and splashing in the water, Atticus was jumping over waves and Rosie was hanging at my feet with David next to me.
2. The night in Malibu at the airstream with the family.
3. When we clicked “live” and went live with Barefoot Blonde Hair and we were both crying watching sales come in.
4. David rubbing my legs and taking me on walks at 3am while I was crying in discomfort because of restless leg and acid reflux when I was pregnant with Atticus.
5. Our day spent in Japan at the park in Fukuoka when no one
was there but us.
David's Favorite Moments
Planning your wedding can be really stressful, but it doesn’t have to be. I learned so much planning and having my wedding, so here are five tips I think every bride should know, so that they can have a special and stress-free wedding day that is memorable for all the right reasons.
Advice for Brides
Be as present as possible. Make sure everything is good to go before the big day and have people taking care of everything on your actual wedding day, so you aren’t worried about a thing. Assign your mom, best friend, sister, mother in law, cousin, whoever to oversee everything. Really try to stay in the moment throughout the day and leave your phone at home and let other people do pics and videos for you so the next day you can post your favorites.
Don't Pick A New Hairstyle
Advice For Brides
Don’t pick a new hairstyle you have never worn – pick a hairstyle you feel most beautiful with! For me that was with my hair just loosely curled and down. Definitely try a few styles before the big day to experiment and see what you feel prettiest with. Same goes for make up! Definitely have someone do it who you trust and don’t go too over the top.
Remember What Is Most Important
Advice For Brides
What matters on the day is how you feel and not how beautiful the decor is or how good the food is, don’t compare your wedding to the perfect Pinterest wedding! The most beautiful part of a wedding is happy faces on the bride and groom. This advice reminds me of one of my favorite audiobooks I listened to recently called “Present over Perfect,” by Shauna Niequist. It is the perfect book to read to help you understand what is truly important and what really matters, which can really help as you plan your wedding and begin your life as a new married couple.
Venue & Lighting
Advice For Brides
Pick a venue that has good lighting and tour them at the time of day your reception or wedding will be. I know that sounds silly but I didn’t even consider that when touring spaces so we toured during the day and at night the lighting in our venue was terrrrible.. which means I didn’t like hardly any of the photos because they were casting really weird shadows on people’s faces.
Advice for Brides
If something goes wrong try to remember that one day you will laugh about it. I went to throw my bouquet and accidentally threw it in a chandelier haha! My face actually does still turn red thinking about it, but I mostly just laugh because I was so embarrassed.