I like making lists. So here is a list of some of my favorite and not so favorite memories from Paris.
- I love same spot photos. While we are on each trip I love to take photos that I want to recreate again when the kids get older. So its been fun to come back to paris again and again and see how much Atticus grows each time. We took a couple of Rosie’s first photos in Paris and hopefully when she is older she will have lots of these fun memories to look at.
- Atticus was officially potty trained while on this trip. Took us long enough haha. But I have really just been wanting to go at his pace and not force it… so this time it really stuck! So proud of him.
- That street performer hanging on the pole was truly remarkable! It was sooo fun to watch .. there must have been about 200 people watching him in Montmartre. After everyone was cheering and rushing to give him money. We stayed an hour or so and watched him!
- We took a train around Montmartre which was really fun. Rosie fell asleep on me while in the train and it was fun to carry her around town like a lil sleeping baby!!!
- After our train ride we walked around exploring all of the charming neighborhoods and running down cobblestone streets. I wish you could hear the kids laughs as they ran together. I hope when I look at these photos in 20 years I will still be able to hear it in my mind.
- I know I already mentioned the lunch we had in Montmartre but gosh it was amazing. Listening to people play guitar and sing French songs together as strangers was really awesome.
- Staying in the Four Seasons is always a special experience because they just go above and beyond. Everything is such a treat from the moment you walk in. I always feel like a princess when I stay at one and I don’t care if that sounds cheesy haha. The Four Seasons in Paris totally spoiled us and I felt like the luckiest. The room was just beautiful and eating meals out on the balcony was magical. It was one of those moments where I am in the room with my family thinking, geez I don’t know how I got so lucky but I just wanted to soak in every little bit of it. We wanted to just go slow in paris – we didn’t set alarms and slept in, were slow to get ready, and wandered the city at our own pace not worrying about time. It was really nice.
- Atticus reeeeally wanted that big Eiffel Tower toy – thing.. what would you call it? Haha. He was ecstatic when we agreed to get it. It is now on the dresser in the playroom and I am happy we got it. There are about 100 people a minute who come to offer to sell them so sometimes that is all I think about when I see it but also will always love how much Atticus loves it!
- Rosie throwing the tea cup is one of my favvvorite photos ever. I mean what are the odds that David caught that on camera? Hahaha. It is so funny looking back on it but at the time I was so frustrated because Rosie was being so naughty. After the tea cup throwing, things did end up going well and it was actually a fun time but man I was ready to just walk out.
- Every time we go to Colonnes de Buren (those black and white columns you probably see a lot on social media) we always have such a fun time!! Last time we were there Atticus made some friends and we had so much fun watching him interact with other kiddos. This time was the same – they sat and played and chatted with adorable French kids. I always love watching them make friends.
That is all for now! This week has been crazy. My poor sister got sick and has been in the hospital for almost a week now. Would love if anyone said a prayer for her and her baby – they are doing pretty good now but she will probably have to deliver early and it really crushes me to see her sick. But even though she has all this going on, she is the most positive person ever and I love that each time I go to see her she says how great her day was. I love her so much.
Have a good weekend everyone. xo