Happy 4 years David!!!! I call him Wavey and he calls me Swimzy 🙂 in our four years together we have had 2 kids, moved 4 times, been to 18 countries, and I am so thankful for all of our fun and not so fun experiences together. These are some of my favorite memories.
- The dance at our wedding. David was crying and I was crying and it was perfect. Our friend Thayne was playing Love Me Tender by Elvis Presley.
- Eating Indian food on the floor of David’s room the night we got engaged.
- Moving to New York and having the most amazing first night in our apartment. Our boxes were everywhere and we put Atticus to bed and laid on our mattress with all of the city lights out our window and it felt so surreal. We watched all of the lights go on and off throughout the buildings and we were just SO excited. It was such a fun experience.
- Finding out I was pregnant with Atticus in a random mall bathroom in France right before we went to the airport to head home. We told the flight attendant we were pregnant and we couldn’t stop smiling the whole way home.
- Laying on the little cot in the hospital room with David and Atticus the afternoon after he was born. We took a long nap together with Atticus laying on David’s chest and it is one of my happiest moments.
- A night in Italy (I don’t remember where in Italy) where we were driving around trying to find a place to pitch our tent. We couldn’t find anywhere and finally found someones farm. We pitched it in his field and had the most restless nights sleep feeling like that man was going to come bust us!
- We were staying in Tuscany at a really cheap airbnb and David went to the store and got some noodles. We had brought Top Ramen with us (we were traveling on a dime ha) and David added the noodles to the Ramen and it was our gourmet meal for the night 😉 it was so fun.
- All of our nights in Morocco sleeping in a $10 a night hostel type place that we were almost certain had bed bugs. Every night we would lay in bed laughing at how we would look back on these nights one day. We also went to this spa in Morocco which was still one of our favorite memories ever – it is definitely a must for all couples. You basically are in there (naked, sorry TMI) and you lay in this clay cave looking room on opposite sides from each other. It has a bunch of candles in there and they come and wash your body and hair and then massage you. Maybe that sounds weird but it is super cool.
- The day we arrived in Ireland and found the most beautiful beach. We played in the sand with Atticus and Rosie and it was a special moment.
- Going to the Symphony on our first date and eating at The Dodo after. I remember our conversation like it was yesterday.
- The day we got Chauncey we had to make a road trip to Las Vegas for a friend’s baby’s blessing. I remember being at work and being SO excited to come home and see Chauncey (David was going to pick him up while I was at work!) he was soooo cute running around the living room and our road trip with him was so fun just snuggling him and watching him nuzzle between the seats.
- Being in the hospital with Rosie when David brought Atticus to meet her for the first time 🙂
- All of the times David would stay up with me in the middle of the night when I was crying because my legs hurt so bad (I don’t know I get bad leg pain while pregnant.) Specifically a time when we were living in David’s parents home while they were in Costa Rica and it was so bad that we went on a walk at 3am. He never complains about missed sleep and always takes care of me.
Okay I could literally go on forever!!!! LOVE YOU WAVEY!!!!!!!!