A bit ago we headed to the splash pad the moment we woke up so we could get there when it wasn’t too hot. Summer is absolutely flying by and I never want it to end!!! It is the greatest. Since this blog is a lot like a journal for me, I wanted to write down some things I loved about these last couple weeks. I know a lot of these may be totally boring to read so if you tap out after reading a few then I guess I don’t blame you lol.
- Atticus had a red marker in his hand with the lid off and didn’t realize it was marking things as he was playing with other toys. I asked him to set it down and shook his head no. I asked him to come over to me (so I could explain why he needed to set it down) and he solemnly walked over knowing it wasn’t going to be very exciting news and as I started explaining he would kiss me on the lips over and over and over again so I couldn’t talk. By the end of at least 15 juicy kisses we were both laughing. It worked, smart kid!
- On the plane the other day Atticus would color on a piece of paper and hand it to David to show him. As David would say “wow awesome, you did this?!” he would clench his fists and shake with excitement because he was so dang proud haha! He did that for 30 min straight.
- Atticus and Rosie playing together. Lately they have been little buds. Atticus loves to “pet” her like a dog, give her reeeeallly big hugs, and make her laugh without knowing it. Anything he does, she is cracking up.
- After we put Atticus down for bed and thinking he is asleep for 30 minutes in silence, hearing him suddenly yell, “Amberrrr. Aaaaamber? MAMA! MAMMMMA? Ammmmmber! Ambbbber?”
- Rosie eating anything and everything we give her. Something I am so excited about since Atticus is the pickiest eater in existence! She loves baked beans, prunes, peas, sweet potato, meatballs, cheese, and basically anything you throw at her.
- Camping with Atticus and seeing him SO dang happy. He was babbling the whole time – non stop chatterbox just telling stories and roasting marshmallows. At one point I got frustrated with him because he kept taking his shoes off and after the 10th time I was so irritated. I sat him down to put them on again and he grabbed my face and gave me the biggest kiss. He won’t say the word “sorry” yet but sure gives out enough hugs and kisses and I think those are his sorry 🙂
- Atticus swimming on his own with the floatie and seeing him so proud of himself.
- Rosie and her cousin Justus who is close to her age, trying so hard to play together but mostly just scratching each others faces haha
- Rosie and her face during the fireworks! She absolutely loved them.
- And last but not least I love the stage Rosie is in right now with her two front teeth (she got two more since these photos!) and two bottom teeth. She has the cheesiest, biggest grin, cuddles me like no ones business, loves to get kisses on the lips, thinks being upside down is the funniest, laughs at A’s every move, grabs at lightening speed, loves the anticipation of almost getting tickled, scratches like no other, learning to get on all fours, BITES while nursing once she falls asleep (owwwwwwww), eats eats eats, lights up when you look over at her, needs to always be with mom. We are best little buds and she makes sure I am always with her! I don’t mind one bit (except at 2am, 4am, and 5am lol)
Hope you all had a good week!!!! HAPPY WEEKEND!!!! XO