Bright skin is what I am always trying to achieve especially after having these crazy hormones in my body and getting dark spots! A lot of you have asked how I got rid of my dark spots and truth be told they come and go. Sometimes I am feeling REALLY good about my skin and think they are gone and then other days they come back full force. It really helps if I keep a good and consistent skin care regimen. And SPF like CRAZZZZY! So today I am sharing some things I do to help keep my dark spots away and also tips to brighten your look once you have make up on! I think its important to feel comfortable without any make up but also to feel pretty and confident with make up. These tricks always help to make me feel a little prettier and can help boost your everyday beauty routine!
- Use a white waterproof eyeliner on your lower waterline. I LOVE doing this to make my eyes pop more. It helps a ton to get a waterproof one so you don’t have to keep reapplying. I use this one!
- Use a brightening serum religiously. I have been really good about using my brightening serums over the years and I can really tell when I forget to put it on for a week. I have tried a few but have really really loved Caudalie Vinoperfect Serum. I have been applying it every night for a few months now and have noticed really dramatic differences. While there are natural remedies to help brighten your skin, a good serum is definitely most effective. I also love how creamy and light it is so I can wear it under my make up.
- Get a good highlighter. I am sure you already know about highlighting and contouring, but even if you aren’t into the contour part (sometimes I don’t love the look of a contour) I still always love to highlight my cheek bones. I think it makes your skin look dewy and bright!
- Natural remedies. Like I mentioned, these aren’t as effective as a brightening serum but lemons, potatoes, aloe vera leaf, and coconut water all can help to brighten your skin.
- Use SPF like crazy. Nothing will give you dark spots quicker than the sun! Vinoperfect is ideal to layer below your SPF for an even tan because it regulates the melanin the skin leaving you with a more even complexion.
- Apply a shimmery shadow to your inner corners. This will help to make your eyes pop and look a little more awake! This is good especially if you didn’t get a good nights sleep.
- Exfoliate! Getting rid of all the dead skin will quickly help to give you a nice glow.
- Use a shade lighter foundation. Sometimes I like to use a lighter foundation and then add bronzer to my cheeks so the summer glow pops even more.
- Drink water. This is an obvious one but drinking lots of water helps keep your skin looking radiant.
- Use a setting spray. There are different types of setting sprays – ones that make your face look matte and some that make it look dewy. A dewy one will help make your skin shine!
*Thanks to Caudalie for sponsoring this post