My girl Jessica and I started shooting together a while ago and became instant friends and she was so sweet to take our maternity photos that will always be so so special to me! So I had to share them! I am obsessed with this silver dress and totally lucked out that my friend Christine let me borrow it last minute when my dress didn’t come in time!
I also wanted to share my pregnancy must haves and answer all the pregnancy questions I get asked all the time!! So here we go!
HOW FAR ALONG:
38 weeks!! He is (estimated) to be 7.25 lbs and I am dilated to a 1.8 and have gotten my membranes stripped (hate that term!) and still no sign of baby although I have been getting lots of lower back contractions so we will see! Stay tuned on Instagram so you can see him when we have him! I imagine I will be MIA on the blog for a few days when he comes!
For those who are new to the blog, we are having a baby boy!
WHAT DO YOU DO TO WORK OUT DURING PREGNANCY:
So in the beginning (months 1-4ish) I just did my normal work outs. I even continued to do ab work outs (my doctor said it was 100% fine) but then months 5-6.5 I probably went to the gym a total of 5 times haha, which is unusual for me since I enjoy working out. I was so unbelievably tired during those weeks and just honestly didn’t have the energy. Months 6.5-now I have basically just done about 30 min cardio, arm work outs (usually free weights), 200 lunges, and then oblique work outs (I do 2 minutes of reps on each side, 1 min at a time) and thats about it! And I don’t do that every day, I would say about 4 times a week. Although I have still gained quite a bit of weight, I think I am at 32 lbs now (yiiiikes!) and let me say I am crrravvving a good ab work out SO unbelievably bad! Can’t wait to get back in the groove once baby comes out.
DO YOU HAVE STRETCH MARKS:
Luckily, no. I haven’t done any creams, oils, or anything, I just do lotion as I would normally but I really think you either get them or you don’t so I don’t necessarily believe any of that stuff helps but that is just my opinion! I had read that if you have a steady weight gain and drink lots of water then it can help and so I tried to do that, not sure if thats why I don’t have any but thats the only thing I really have done!
DO YOU HAVE A NAME PICKED OUT:
Yes, but we are waiting til we see him to make sure it is the right one! So you guys will have to stay tuned for that!
WHAT ARE YOUR PREGNANCY MUST-HAVES:
1. Maternity Spanx!!!!!! My goodness I got these way too late in the game and let me just tell you, they are a game changer! They just make you feel tighter and not so whale-ish haha so I 100% say get these asap! Especially if you love to wear tighter dresses during pregnancy like I do!
2. Pregnancy Pillow – This has been a huge lifesaver because I have had horrible acid reflux and lots of trouble sleeping at night and this has totally helped! It is seriously like sleeping with a cloud.
3. Basic Maternity Tee’s – My favorite tee’s have been the basic v-necks from Gap! I highly recommend getting them in as many colors as you can
4. Comfy Flats – I have worn heels through my whole pregnancy for events, church, dinners, etc. and really have not had a problem with heels but for errands, walks with my husband, basically everything else in life, I have to have comfy flats that don’t give me blisters! I know I always rave about Yosi Samra flats but honestly they are the best! My favorites are these, and these. They are my two that I just grab and go!
5. A Good Husband – haha but seriously what would we do without them?!?!
HAVE YOU READ ANY BOOKS:
We have read a few pages of What to Expect When You’re Expecting but it really just started to overwhelm me haha. We have read almost all of Bringing Up Bebe which I highly recommend! David and I both have really really loved it!
ARE YOU GUYS STILL MOVING:
Yes! We are 100% moving but it unfortunately did not work out to move before the baby which I am happy/bummed about! There were pros and cons to both but ultimately we need to move after the baby! I am still not announcing where to, but will soon! We will be moving very end of July/very beginning of August!