My Pregnancy FAQ & Maternity Photos

Barefoot BlondeBarefoot BlondeBarefoot BlondeBarefoot BlondeBarefoot BlondeBarefoot BlondeBarefoot BlondeBarefoot BlondeBarefoot BlondeBarefoot BlondeDRESS: More of Me Maternity // SANDALS: Yosi Samra // LIPSTICK: MAC ‘Pink Pigeon’

My girl Jessica and I started shooting together a while ago and became instant friends and she was so sweet to take our maternity photos that will always be so so special to me! So I had to share them! I am obsessed with this silver dress and totally lucked out that my friend Christine let me borrow it last minute when my dress didn’t come in time!

I also wanted to share my pregnancy must haves and answer all the pregnancy questions I get asked all the time!! So here we go!

HOW FAR ALONG:

38 weeks!! He is (estimated) to be 7.25 lbs and I am dilated to a 1.8 and have gotten my membranes stripped (hate that term!) and still no sign of baby although I have been getting lots of lower back contractions so we will see! Stay tuned on Instagram so you can see him when we have him! I imagine I will be MIA on the blog for a few days when he comes!

GENDER:

For those who are new to the blog, we are having a baby boy!

WHAT DO YOU DO TO WORK OUT DURING PREGNANCY:

So in the beginning (months 1-4ish) I just did my normal work outs. I even continued to do ab work outs (my doctor said it was 100% fine) but then months 5-6.5 I probably went to the gym a total of 5 times haha, which is unusual for me since I enjoy working out. I was so unbelievably tired during those weeks and just honestly didn’t have the energy. Months 6.5-now I have basically just done about 30 min cardio, arm work outs (usually free weights), 200 lunges, and then oblique work outs (I do 2 minutes of reps on each side, 1 min at a time) and thats about it! And I don’t do that every day, I would say about 4 times a week. Although I have still gained quite a bit of weight, I think I am at 32 lbs now (yiiiikes!) and let me say I am crrravvving a good ab work out SO unbelievably bad! Can’t wait to get back in the groove once baby comes out.

DO YOU HAVE STRETCH MARKS:

Luckily, no. I haven’t done any creams, oils, or anything, I just do lotion as I would normally but I really think you either get them or you don’t so I don’t necessarily believe any of that stuff helps but that is just my opinion! I had read that if you have a steady weight gain and drink lots of water then it can help and so I tried to do that, not sure if thats why I don’t have any but thats the only thing I really have done! :)

DO YOU HAVE A NAME PICKED OUT:

Yes, but we are waiting til we see him to make sure it is the right one! So you guys will have to stay tuned for that!

WHAT ARE YOUR PREGNANCY MUST-HAVES:

1. Maternity Spanx!!!!!! My goodness I got these way too late in the game and let me just tell you, they are a game changer! They just make you feel tighter and not so whale-ish haha so I 100% say get these asap! Especially if you love to wear tighter dresses during pregnancy like I do!

2. Pregnancy Pillow – This has been a huge lifesaver because I have had horrible acid reflux and lots of trouble sleeping at night and this has totally helped! It is seriously like sleeping with a cloud.

3. Basic Maternity Tee’s – My favorite tee’s have been the basic v-necks from Gap! I highly recommend getting them in as many colors as you can :)

4. Comfy Flats – I have worn heels through my whole pregnancy for events, church, dinners, etc. and really have not had a problem with heels but for errands, walks with my husband, basically everything else in life, I have to have comfy flats that don’t give me blisters! I know I always rave about Yosi Samra flats but honestly they are the best! My favorites are these, and these. They are my two that I just grab and go!

5. A Good Husband – haha but seriously what would we do without them?!?!

HAVE YOU READ ANY BOOKS:

We have read a few pages of What to Expect When You’re Expecting but it really just started to overwhelm me haha. We have read almost all of Bringing Up Bebe which I highly recommend! David and I both have really really loved it!

ARE YOU GUYS STILL MOVING:

Yes! We are 100% moving but it unfortunately did not work out to move before the baby which I am happy/bummed about! There were pros and cons to both but ultimately we need to move after the baby! I am still not announcing where to, but will soon! We will be moving very end of July/very beginning of August!

Tags: , , , , ,

58 Responses to “My Pregnancy FAQ & Maternity Photos”

1. Michelle Fuller June 4, 2014 at 6:47 am Permalink

Yay more maternity pics!! Love these ones so much :) Also stoked about the FAQ! Not preggo but its great to hear how you’re doing and whats been going on. So excited for you and David to become a little family any day now. Can’t wait to see pics of the little guy! xx

• amber June 5, 2014 at 11:00 pm Permalink

Aw thanks Michelle!! That is so sweet of you, that totally made my day! xo

2. Julie @ Coastal Runner Girl June 4, 2014 at 10:08 am Permalink

Your maternity pictures are gorgeous! Seriously, you look so good pregnant! I’m 31.5 weeks pregnant and LOVE reading about other bloggers pregnancies. :)

• amber June 5, 2014 at 10:59 pm Permalink

Thank you so much!! And I know its so fun to read about others pregnancies when you are pregnant! Luckily all my friends are pregnant too so we get to all chat about it :)

3. SweetMona June 4, 2014 at 10:57 am Permalink

Beautiful post!
    new look on my blog!

4. Rachel @ Blonde with a Chanse June 4, 2014 at 12:20 pm Permalink

Yay! You are so close! I’m so excited for you! It is the best thing in the world when you hold your baby for the first time :)

• amber June 5, 2014 at 10:57 pm Permalink

Ahh thanks, yeah I just can’t wait for that!! :)

5. Michelle Torres June 4, 2014 at 2:15 pm Permalink

Amber, your Maternity pictures are stunning!!!! I can not believe how fast the time went and that you are so close to holding your lil angel! I am so so excited for you and your husband and I can not wait to see your baby boy too! I am praying that everything goes as smooth as possible for you during labor, and that you and baby will be as healthy as can be! You are in my thoughts and I just cant wait!!!!! Prayers and XO from NC!

• amber June 5, 2014 at 10:56 pm Permalink

Michelle!! Thank you so much! Honestly that means so much to me and totally made my day! xoxo

6. arielle June 4, 2014 at 3:10 pm Permalink

your maternity photos are incredible. you guys are such a cute couple and you, especially, are just stunning! and I really appreciate how real your answers were. someday, that faq will come in really handy.

love, arielle
    a simple elegance

• amber June 5, 2014 at 10:55 pm Permalink

Thanks Arielle!!! You are too sweet! :)

7. Katie Matthews June 4, 2014 at 3:54 pm Permalink

Such an exciting chapter in your life and the photos just capture your beauty and you and your husbands love so well. Stunning.

Katie <3

• amber June 5, 2014 at 10:54 pm Permalink

Aw thank you Katie! That is so sweet and means so much! xo

8. Brit June 4, 2014 at 4:40 pm Permalink

I love how great of shape you are in! Total inspiration, after I read this post this morning I went and worked out, thank you! I’m at 20 weeks and am just getting back into the swing of things :) Have you been wearing the maternity spanx with all your outfits posted in previous blogs?? I have some super cute maternity dresses that hug every curve so needless to say I haven’t even worn them yet!

Best Wishes!!

• amber June 5, 2014 at 10:54 pm Permalink

Aw thank you! I definitely don’t feel in shape haha but thank you that is so sweet! And I am glad you got a work out in, always makes me feel soo much better after a work out!

And yes I have worn maternity spanx with most dresses on my blog! I would say I got them when I was around 7 months and really started showing! I wish I would have gotten them sooner though!

9. Tyson French June 4, 2014 at 4:54 pm Permalink

Holy moly! Jessica is amazing & you guys are quite the couple. Miss ya cutie!

• amber June 5, 2014 at 10:52 pm Permalink

I know Jess is a dream! Miss you! Hurry to Utah!

10. Jill June 4, 2014 at 5:18 pm Permalink

These are such amazing pictures! Prettiest pregnant lady ever!

• amber June 5, 2014 at 10:52 pm Permalink

Aw thank you!!! So sweet of you!! xx

11. Donna June 4, 2014 at 5:38 pm Permalink

I wish you so much luck with all the exciting changes coming in your life! Your pictures are beautiful!

Donna

• amber June 5, 2014 at 10:51 pm Permalink

Aw thank you Donna! that means so much!! xoxo

12. Lindsay June 4, 2014 at 6:25 pm Permalink

So exciting!!! You look amazing and love all following you through this time in your life :)

• amber June 5, 2014 at 10:51 pm Permalink

Thanks so much Lindsay!! xoxo

13. Adri June 4, 2014 at 7:51 pm Permalink

You look amazing in these! I’m so excited to hear what the little guy’s name will be and where you are moving! I have two guess:)
    xo Adri

• amber June 5, 2014 at 10:51 pm Permalink

Thanks Adri!!! And I know I want to tell but I would hate if we ended up changing it or something :)

14. Michelle June 4, 2014 at 9:58 pm Permalink

I Love , Love the maternity shoot. i so wish that was the in thing when I had my first born. You need to not worry about us blog lovers, take all the time you need. There is something so magical about your first born , You and David relish in that time, take it all in because the lil farts grow way to fast. Congrats you look beautiful!!!

• amber June 5, 2014 at 10:50 pm Permalink

Aw you are so sweet!! Luckily I have some posts all ready to go I just need to push publish so when the baby comes I won’t really do much other than that :) for a little bit at least! That is so sweet of you though and means so much!! xx

15. Cathy June 5, 2014 at 1:46 am Permalink

Congrats! It sounds like he will come soon. You look beautiful in your maternity photos. Looking forward to seeing your baby pictures if you choose to share them :-)

• amber June 5, 2014 at 10:49 pm Permalink

Thanks Cathy!! Hoping he comes soon! I am so anxious! :) xo

16. Ash June 5, 2014 at 12:09 pm Permalink

These pictures are beautiful Amber and that dress looks amazing on you!!

Xo Ash

• amber June 5, 2014 at 10:49 pm Permalink

Thanks so much girl!! xx

17. Tami June 5, 2014 at 1:43 pm Permalink

I love these shots! Congrats on the baby boy to come Amber! Awh! xoxo

18. Madison Martine June 5, 2014 at 1:55 pm Permalink

Love these pictures!! So cute!!

Madison Martine

• amber June 5, 2014 at 10:48 pm Permalink

Thanks Madison!! xoxo

19. Madeleine June 5, 2014 at 10:16 pm Permalink

You look amazing! So stunning. Sending you ~~~~ good delivery vibes for the big day!~~~~~~ – Madeleine

• amber June 5, 2014 at 10:48 pm Permalink

Thanks so much!! so sweet of you!! xoxo

20. Sydney June 5, 2014 at 10:39 pm Permalink

So happy for you Amber! Sending you good vibes for the big day! :)) You must be so excited!

Xo
    Sydney (http://www.sydneyfactorfashion.blogspot.ca)

21. Sydney June 5, 2014 at 10:40 pm Permalink

So happy for you Amber! Sending you good vibes for the big day! :))) You must be so excited!

Xo
    Sydney (http://www.sydneyfactorfashion.blogspot.ca)

• amber June 5, 2014 at 10:47 pm Permalink

Thanks so much girl!! Sooo excited! :) xoxo

22. Dana June 6, 2014 at 3:00 am Permalink

Did you ever post any picture’s from your husbands proposal? I would love to see them!

• amber June 11, 2014 at 9:30 am Permalink

I don’t know if I did or not.. I would have to go back and look! But yeah maybe I will post them on our anniversary or something!!

23. Teresa June 6, 2014 at 4:59 am Permalink

Congratulations on your pregnancy. Enjoy the delivery too. There is no greater gift than a child!

24. christy June 6, 2014 at 7:10 am Permalink

Wow you are ROCKING the maternity look!! You look amazing (:

christycee.blogspot.ca

• amber June 11, 2014 at 9:29 am Permalink

Thanks Christy!! xoxo

25. Jessica Rose June 6, 2014 at 10:23 am Permalink

Man…you guys are killing me with these photo’s….I can’t handle all the love!!! ;))

26. Hannah June 9, 2014 at 1:50 pm Permalink

You look gorgeous pregnant. Congratulations!

27. Ishani Gowri June 9, 2014 at 7:20 pm Permalink

Amber!!
    You look absolutely AMAZING in these pics!! I’m 18 weeks pregnant and only hope to look as fabulous as you do when I’m 38 weeks!
    Thank you so much for sharing all your pregnancy tips and your journey…it’s truly inspiring and so helpful.
    I am obsessed with this dress, but it’s sold-out!! Any ideas on where to get something similar??
    All the best to you and your little bundle of joy.

Ishani

• amber June 11, 2014 at 9:16 am Permalink

Aw thanks!! That is so nice of you! And I am sure you are a gorgeous preggo!! :) Best of luck with your pregnancy, hope you haven’t been too sick or anything! And I know such a bummer that it is sold out.. I actually haven’t seen anything similar yet but I will keep my eyes peeled! :)

28. L-Pop July 3, 2014 at 6:26 pm Permalink

Where in Utah were the pictures taken??

29. Bella July 10, 2014 at 5:42 pm Permalink

You. Are. Stunning.

30. Doro July 24, 2014 at 9:33 am Permalink

You are such an inspiration! Petty Mommie! I have three months to go :-)

Regards, Doro :-)

1. Soft Skin With Perlier Barefoot Blonde by Amber Fillerup Clark - July 10, 2014

[…] I am talking about my skin care routine but focusing on body products. After my pregnancy FAQ/must haves post a lot of you asked what creams I use on my skin and wanted to share my favorites! I love having […]

2. 10 Ways To Kill It On Instagram In Style This Season | Tsangg - September 24, 2014

[…] spotting everything from gold pants to metal dresses, and it is so luxe and lovely that I can’t get over it. Babe of a blogger, Kristina Bazan, does […]