Classic Black

Barefoot BlondeBarefoot BlondeBarefoot BlondeBarefoot BlondeBarefoot BlondeBarefoot BlondeBarefoot BlondeBarefoot BlondeDRESS: ASOS // BOOTIES: Topshop // BAG: YSL via Fashionphile // LIPSTICK: NARS ‘Heat Wave’ // SUNGLASSES: Karen Walker

Photos by Jessica Janae Photography

David got me this dress forever ago and I have worn it so much I am shocked I have yet to post it on the blog! I brought it to Europe when we went for six weeks and it was a regular for me. It is just such a simple dress that goes with booties, flats, heels, anything. Unfortunately this exact one is no longer available but below I listed some similar styles!! A plain black midi is always a must!

Hope you guys all had a good weekend! Ours was pretty relaxed, we have been trying more restaurants and food trucks that we haven’t ever been to and it is my new hobby! We are obsessed with the Art City Donut food truck… they have mini donuts that are amazing. And we also love the Pico Norte food truck – they have thee best tacos. If any of you know of any other good ones in Salt Lake tell me! I am trying to try them all before we move!

Have a good day! xx

Tags: , , ,

70 Responses to “Classic Black”

1. kcomekarolina March 31, 2014 at 7:51 am Permalink

amazing photos!!!

xoxo from rome
    K.
    kcomekarolina.com

2. Lauryn Lasko March 31, 2014 at 8:04 am Permalink

You are a dream!!! And look at those beautiful blossoms.

xx L

3. SweetMona Blog de moda March 31, 2014 at 8:28 am Permalink

amazing dress, love it!
    New look on my blog!

4. Sabina B March 31, 2014 at 9:19 am Permalink

Nice photos and look! You look stunning in this bodycon dress and these boots are great!

• amber April 1, 2014 at 5:22 pm Permalink

Thank you Sabina!! xoxo

5. Haley Valerie March 31, 2014 at 11:09 am Permalink

That dress looks so cute with your belly!

Haley
    haleyvalerie.com

6. Eye Like Fashion March 31, 2014 at 12:09 pm Permalink

Gorgeous and classic chic in all blackout. Your little bump is so adorable!!

NEW POST:: OPPOSITES ATTRACT

7. Christina Storm March 31, 2014 at 12:10 pm Permalink

SO gorgeous! That dress looks amazing on you!

• amber April 1, 2014 at 5:22 pm Permalink

Thanks Christina!! xoxo

8. Sofia March 31, 2014 at 12:18 pm Permalink

Aside from beautiful pictures for your blog. You have beautiful memories and pictures of your pregnancy.

Hope you had a wonderful weekend.
    Love,
    Sofia

stylishlyinlove.blogspot.com

• amber April 1, 2014 at 5:21 pm Permalink

Thanks Sofia!! And yeah it has been nice to document all the stages of this bump with the blog! :) Good memories!

9. Ash March 31, 2014 at 1:16 pm Permalink

You look gorgeous!!! Love the simplicity of this dress and I am loving your baby bump!! :)

Xo Ash,

• amber April 1, 2014 at 5:20 pm Permalink

Thanks so much sweet girl!

10. Love March 31, 2014 at 1:36 pm Permalink

So cute! If you haven’t yet, you should go to the Wells Fargo Center downtown on Thursdays during lunch. There’s always 5 or 6 there for food truck Thursday so that’s a good chance to try a few all at once :)

• amber April 1, 2014 at 5:20 pm Permalink

Really?!? Okay totally going to try it! I am obsessed with food trucks! :) Thanks girl

11. Mel March 31, 2014 at 1:59 pm Permalink

Love this look. So pretty and chic. I love trying new places to eat. One of my favourite things to do. When do you move?

xo Mel

• amber April 1, 2014 at 5:20 pm Permalink

Thanks Mel! And we are (hopefully) moving first week in May if we can finalize the details with the place we want! If not we may have to move post baby but I am praying not! xx

12. Adrienne March 31, 2014 at 2:03 pm Permalink

Oh my gosh these photos are stunning!!
    I love it!
    -Adrienne. xo

Citizen of the World
    Citizen of the World

• amber April 1, 2014 at 5:19 pm Permalink

Thanks Adrienne!! xxo

13. kelsey March 31, 2014 at 2:24 pm Permalink

adore the all-black look!
    ladies in navy

• amber April 1, 2014 at 5:19 pm Permalink

Agreed, all black is great!

14. Adri March 31, 2014 at 2:50 pm Permalink

A black dress is always a great piece that will get such great use! You seriously are the most stylish pregnant lady!
    xo Adri

• amber April 1, 2014 at 5:18 pm Permalink

Aw thank you Adri!! xoxo

15. Tana Cowin March 31, 2014 at 2:52 pm Permalink

This is such a perfect look. The classic little black dress is a must and the midi trend is super flattering and fun. Also, loving the boots!

16. Valeriya March 31, 2014 at 3:56 pm Permalink

I am so beyond jealous of those blooms! Spring is very late with its arrival here by the NYC this year. Yesterday I finally spotted some signs, although the cold has not left for the trees to finally open up.
    Looking at you I’m secretly wishing to get pregnant soon. SO cute.

• amber April 1, 2014 at 5:18 pm Permalink

Aren’t those blooms so pretty!? Don’t let them fool you though, I am in a dang snow jacket today cause its so cold!! The weather is so off and on here so you aren’t the only one still freezing! :)

17. Fashion Snag March 31, 2014 at 4:16 pm Permalink

Chic look!

18. Amanda March 31, 2014 at 6:12 pm Permalink

I love this look so much! I love ASOS, they are an absolute dream for finding affordable, fashionable pieces :) And this is such an awesome spot for photos…very lovely and spring-y looking!

• amber April 1, 2014 at 5:16 pm Permalink

Agreed ASOS rocks for finding affordable pieces! Honestly some of my favorite pieces of clothing are from there! :) And thanks so much girl!

19. fleurani March 31, 2014 at 7:07 pm Permalink

Also its just a basic ensemble it looks so polished and elegant. A black dress is such a classic and versatile piece. Those blossoms make a beautiful back drop :-)

ani

• amber April 1, 2014 at 5:16 pm Permalink

Thanks Ani!! Aren’t those blossoms so pretty?!

20. Supal {chevrons and éclairs} March 31, 2014 at 7:40 pm Permalink

I’m seriously going to have to come back to your blog when I’m pregnant (very far future)… such a timeless look and LOVE the focus on the belly. x

• amber April 1, 2014 at 5:15 pm Permalink

Thanks so much!!! Its getting hard to keep up with these outfit posts with a belly haha but I am glad you like it! xx

21. Makayla M. March 31, 2014 at 8:06 pm Permalink

You always look so classic. Plus you are majorly rocking that baby bump!!!

• amber April 1, 2014 at 5:15 pm Permalink

Aw thank you Makayla!! xx

22. Adrienne K April 1, 2014 at 12:40 am Permalink

Great dress. Unfortunately, you are stretching out all your clothes…..

• amber April 1, 2014 at 5:13 pm Permalink

Thanks! And actually all the clothes I have been wearing have stretch to them anyways, none of them have gotten stretched out at all

23. Melina April 1, 2014 at 3:12 am Permalink

Waffle Truck!! Follow them on instagram(Waffluv) and they post their schedule! They are awesome sauce!

• amber April 1, 2014 at 5:12 pm Permalink

Ahhh yes I have heard about them! I need to go check them out!! Thanks girl

24. Sara April 1, 2014 at 3:25 am Permalink

You look so awesome! Great bag and booties :-)

25. WEAR EAT LOVE April 1, 2014 at 7:46 am Permalink

Love the dress, it’s classic, “forever” dress I say. You are beautiful!

WEAR EAT LOVE

26. Anja Skrba April 1, 2014 at 1:06 pm Permalink

This is the proof that even with a baby bump you can be sexy in black! Black ist the mother & father of all color. AMEN! :)

I’ll tweet this post Amber.

Anja

• amber April 1, 2014 at 5:11 pm Permalink

Aw thanks so much Anja that is so sweet!! :)

27. Barbie April 2, 2014 at 4:09 pm Permalink

Love this look and dress, so cute! What is the color of your nails? I am LOVING them!!!! Is it gel or regular polish?

Have a great day ;]

XO Barbie

• amber April 3, 2014 at 4:56 am Permalink

Thanks so much!!! And no it is just a random gel nail color I picked out at the salon! Not sure what it is called!

28. Shea Victoria April 3, 2014 at 12:51 am Permalink

Love the classic black outfit and those boots are absolutely awesome!!
    The photos are gorgeous too :)

sheavictoria.blogspot.com

29. Linda April 4, 2014 at 5:17 pm Permalink

Stunning photos, Amber! Talking about classic black, a quick question – could you please suggest something for business portraits/photos? You’re someone who’s opinion I’d value the most, honestly :) Like what would you wear? I’m the same age, have the same hair length, +/- the hair color :D , but have no clue what to wear/what make up to do for the best result. Thank you in advance!

xo from far away Latvia!

• amber April 8, 2014 at 3:20 pm Permalink

Thank you Linda!! So for business portraits I would definitely do a black top, shouldn’t matter what pants you wear or anything since it won’t show up in the pic but I would wear a black scoop neck top and IF I wore a necklace I would wear just a simple dainty one or pearl earrings! I would probably wear my hair just down and loose curls, nothing too crazy! And for pictures I always think it is better to wear a little more make up than normal since the camera diminishes make up a bit and you don’t want your eyes or lips or cheek bones to get lost! Also make sure you outline your lips :) (with of course a liner that matches what lip color you are doing!) xoxo

30. http://vixen1990.blogspot.com April 5, 2014 at 2:00 pm Permalink

Great look;)beautiful

31. Jenn April 6, 2014 at 6:37 pm Permalink

Love this look Amber. So adorable and beautiful! Can you please do an updated hair/extentions tutorial :) Would love to know what you are doing these days :)

• amber April 8, 2014 at 3:21 pm Permalink

Thanks Jenn!! And yeah that is a good idea I do need to do an updated one! Thanks for the idea! xx

32. Angie April 6, 2014 at 11:25 pm Permalink

You look gorgeous and flowers in the background are beautiful.
    Where are you moving to?
    Good luck with everything.

• amber April 8, 2014 at 3:22 pm Permalink

Thanks Angie!! And we are waiting to announce til we are like 120% sure – we still are slightly deciding between 2 states but I will announce as soon as we figure that out! :)

33. Kryn April 10, 2014 at 11:03 pm Permalink

Such a beautiful outfit! Where are you moving to? Salt Lake seems so beautiful, and hard to leave!

34. Isotherm marine refrigerator Parts August 9, 2014 at 8:39 pm Permalink

Thus we became noobs on the water when we purchased
    our 1957 Sea King with a 1964 Johnson motor. With the high temperature
    sensitivity of some perishable goods, it’s easy to understand
    why so many companies rely on vacuum insulated panels such a Thermo – Cor to
    ensure the quality of their products. If you are a foreigner unlikely to return if allowed to leave, you will not
    be able to post a bond.

35. storage units los angeles ca August 9, 2014 at 9:11 pm Permalink

Save yourself the hassle of moving, plus Fri day and enjoy it.

Help is available that may make it possible to
    get back on the right financial path. Because you have to set up your new house at new location.

36. my hcg Weight loss journey August 25, 2014 at 7:00 pm Permalink

Have you ever been ready to start a weight loss program only to put it off another month because it just seems like too much
    work for not enough rewards. Yes, it is certainly possible to lose up to 15 to 30 lbs just in a
    month with use of h – CG diet plan. Drink enough water: Dieters must try to
    drink about 96 ounces of clean water each day
    and even more in summer months.

37. weight loss hcg blog August 26, 2014 at 6:21 pm Permalink

Go through Slendertone review and you’re
    going to get to know more magical facts concerning this improbable product.
    You are to plan your life ahead and move on with that.
    B vitamins include B-1, B-2, B-6, B-12, pantothenic acid,
    niacin, biotin and folic acid.

1. Black and Gold | TrendingDress.com - April 9, 2014

[…] I might just have to feature Amber everyday, I’m so in love with her look!  This outfit is simple but it speaks wonders!  I love the classic combo of black and gold and especially the way Amber has done it.  Plus, look at that adorable baby bump!  Check her blog out for more.  http://barefootblonde.com/2014/03/classic-black/ […]