Carven

Barefoot BlondeBarefoot BlondeBarefoot BlondeBarefoot BlondeBarefoot Blonde SWEATER: Carven // PANTS: Helmut Lang // FAUX FUR SCARF: ASOS // COAT: Topshop // LIPSTICK: MAC ‘Rebel’ // BAG: Proenza Scouler via Fashionphile c/o // GLOVES: ASOS

Photos by Tyson French Photography

This was one of the outfits I wore at Fashion Week.. I have always loved Carven but never got anything until this sweater! I saw it a while ago and couldn’t get it out of my head! I just love how unique it is and the detailing (that you can’t see in photos really) is so amazing.

Lately David has been working so so much which is good and bad – bad because I want to hang out with him but good because that means I have been sorting through the rest of our Europe photos!! Finally. I just put one up last night from our time at Plitvice Lakes National Park in Croatia! It is extreeeemely beautiful so if you want to check it out click HERE! While I was going through these I kept feeling like I had to decrease saturation otherwise people would think I boosted it or something haha because the colors were just that vibrant.. it was unreal. I will let you know as I post more.

PS over the weekend for Valentines I surprised David with Croatian food at work.. I don’t know why I hadn’t tried to find Croatian food earlier but I found a place in SLC that has my FAVORITE food ever ever ever, Burek and I will be going back like every day! So if you are in SLC go to Bosna – its on Main St. and order the spinach and cheese burek – I promise you will love me forever!

Tags: , , , , ,

63 Responses to “Carven”

1. Eye Like Fashion February 18, 2014 at 8:32 am Permalink

Cutest coat and fur collar. And of course the whimsical sweatshirt which is so adorable!

OUTFIT POST:: SUNNY with a CHANCE of STRIPES

• amber February 19, 2014 at 3:57 pm Permalink

Aw thanks so much girl!! xx

2. kcomekarolina February 18, 2014 at 8:46 am Permalink

you look absolutely fabulous!!

xoxo from rome
    K.
    kcomekarolina.com

3. Julia February 18, 2014 at 9:14 am Permalink

You are absolutely stunning!

• amber February 19, 2014 at 4:04 pm Permalink

Aw you are too sweet!! Thank you! xo

4. Adela February 18, 2014 at 9:34 am Permalink

Love the fur and your bag.

• amber February 19, 2014 at 4:04 pm Permalink

Thanks Adela!! xx

5. WEAR EAT LOVE February 18, 2014 at 10:54 am Permalink

Hi! I am from Croatia, but living in Italy. I’m glad you like Plitvice and Croatian food. I’m so hungry now! Hhaha. Kiss

WEAR EAT LOVE

• amber February 19, 2014 at 4:05 pm Permalink

Hey girl!! What part of Croatia? So jealous you are from there and living in Italy! Two of my favorite places! xx

• WEAR EAT LOVE February 20, 2014 at 6:10 pm Permalink

I’m from capital – Zagreb! I’m glad that these are your favorite places. Hope to see another post from Croatia soon! :-)

6. Christina Storm February 18, 2014 at 1:07 pm Permalink

Love this look! Gorgeous!

• amber February 19, 2014 at 4:06 pm Permalink

Thanks Christina!! xo

7. Dani Krum February 18, 2014 at 3:10 pm Permalink

That coat. STUNNING! You look beautiful!
    XO
    Love Me, Dani Marie

• amber February 19, 2014 at 4:06 pm Permalink

Thanks Dani!!! xo

8. Brooke February 18, 2014 at 3:14 pm Permalink

That sweater is so fun! I wouldn’t be able to get it out of my head either—don’t blame you! Just took a look at those photos from Croatia—so amazing! Incredible that nature can look like that, so saturated like you said. I will have to see if I have any Croatian restaurants around me! xo

• amber February 19, 2014 at 4:07 pm Permalink

Thanks Brooke!! And I know huh it is just so stinkin pretty there!! Yes try and find Croatian food you will love! xx

9. Adrienne February 18, 2014 at 3:18 pm Permalink

• amber February 19, 2014 at 4:08 pm Permalink

Thanks Kelsey!! xo

11. Rona February 18, 2014 at 3:25 pm Permalink

Perfect bag color!

Dress To Cook

12. Tana Cowin February 18, 2014 at 3:35 pm Permalink

I really love the color of your coat and paired with the faux fur scarf! The Carven sweater is perfection.

Lovely post!

• amber February 19, 2014 at 4:08 pm Permalink

Thanks Tana!!! xxo

13. Amanda February 18, 2014 at 3:51 pm Permalink

I am loving that bag! I think a statement bag is going to be one of my spring must-haves!!!

• amber February 19, 2014 at 4:09 pm Permalink

Thanks Amanda!!! And yeah statement bags are so fun for spring!! xo

14. Supal {chevrons and éclairs} February 18, 2014 at 4:00 pm Permalink

Ah! so, so, cozy! That jacket though is a whole different world. Lovely! x

• amber February 19, 2014 at 4:09 pm Permalink

Thanks so much girl!!! xo

15. Fashion Snag February 18, 2014 at 4:01 pm Permalink

Such a cute sweater!

16. Nicole February 18, 2014 at 4:25 pm Permalink

Bosna, is actually Bosnian traditional cuisine. You should also try ćevapi (small beef sausage-like links served with the absolute best bread and sauces) they can be found there at Bosna or try The Atlantic downtown. :) Eastern European food is literally the best.

• amber February 19, 2014 at 4:12 pm Permalink

Yeah it is Bosnian but Bosnian food and Croatian food are very similar, all the things on the menu are meals our Croatian friends made for us in their homes or that they took us to eat in restaurants :) The owner is from Croatia! And yes they have ćevapi on the menu!!! Its totally my favorite think to get behind burek!! Glad you love Eastern European food too xo

17. abigail sterling February 18, 2014 at 4:40 pm Permalink

Such a cute sweater and I love that coat! Pretty pics!

x abigail, the fabulous life of a natural disaster

• amber February 19, 2014 at 4:12 pm Permalink

Thanks Abigail!! xx

18. Tiffany February 18, 2014 at 4:48 pm Permalink

That purse…fabulous!
    Xx, Tiffany {http://www.sunshinedaydreamphotography.com}

19. Sofia February 18, 2014 at 5:34 pm Permalink

I love your whimsical sweat shirt.

Love,
    Sofia

stylishlyinlove.blogspot.com

• amber February 19, 2014 at 4:13 pm Permalink

Thank you Sofia!!

20. Adri February 18, 2014 at 6:22 pm Permalink

You seriously can wear anything and make it look fab! That sweater is really fun!
    xo Adri

• amber February 19, 2014 at 4:13 pm Permalink

Oh I wish, but thank you!! You are too sweet!

21. Monica @ Mocha and Moccasins February 18, 2014 at 6:25 pm Permalink

I love how unique that Carven sweater is. It’s so unexpected under your pink scarf and jacket.
    I don’t think I’ve ever had authentic croatian food, but spinach and cheese is a great combination!

• amber February 19, 2014 at 4:14 pm Permalink

Aw thank you Monica!! And yeah you will have to try it out!! :)

22. Kristen Sehn February 18, 2014 at 7:06 pm Permalink

You look beautiful as always! The sweater is so cute and I really love the coat!

Kristen

• amber February 19, 2014 at 4:14 pm Permalink

Thanks Kristen!! xo

23. Erica February 18, 2014 at 8:24 pm Permalink

I love this sweatshirt!! It’s so fun and unique :) And when I lived in SLC I LOVED Bosna. So good!!!
    xx – Erica
    sweet-endeavors.com
    sweet-endeavors.com

• amber February 19, 2014 at 4:15 pm Permalink

Thanks girl!! And no way?!! So glad you love it too!!! xx

24. Emily February 18, 2014 at 9:19 pm Permalink

croatian food?!? i have never even heard of it! isn’t “croata” the word they found on that island where all the people disappeared without a trace? that’s what i think of when i think “croatia” haha. they’re probably not even related, but ya know. i’m adding bosna to my list of salt lake things to do! that sweater is amazing, btw.
    e

• amber February 19, 2014 at 4:16 pm Permalink

Haha I am not sure, I dont think I have ever heard that story!! Funny though, I am sure it is!! Croatia is so so pretty! But yeah you will have to add it to your list! xo

25. Sandra February 18, 2014 at 11:45 pm Permalink

I just love your blog! You are so uniqe and gorgeous :)

What I’d like to know as well: How come your husband David speaks Croatian? :)

• amber February 19, 2014 at 4:17 pm Permalink

Aw thank you Sandra!! And David speaks Croatian because he lived in Croatia for a few years! :)

• Sandra February 19, 2014 at 10:35 pm Permalink

ha, that is so cool! :) I am glad he loves croatian food very much, not many do, because it’s well.. different, haha! If you want to have an easy recipe or surprise him with great cooking, just let me know! My mother is from ex-yugoslavia and she taught me all the cooking, so I can help you anytime. Do not hesitate! :)

26. Aubry February 19, 2014 at 7:50 am Permalink

Hey Amber! I just watched the film “Endless Love” tonight and you look exactly like the actress in the movie! I couldn’t believe it! Seriously you two look like twins and just gorgeous!!

• Aubry February 19, 2014 at 7:54 am Permalink

Her name is Gabriella Wilde! You got to look her up! :)

• amber February 19, 2014 at 4:20 pm Permalink

Ah serious?! I love her!! I definitely wish I was her twin, but thanks so much that is so nice of you!! PS did you like the movie? I haven’t seen it yet!

• Aubry February 21, 2014 at 8:28 pm Permalink

The movie had good things about it and bad. But overall I enjoyed it! I am not too picky. It for sure was a total chick flick though! Go see it! :) By the way I think it’s so nice of you to try and comment back to everyone!

• amber February 24, 2014 at 5:03 am Permalink

Yeah I definitely will go see it, gotta see all the chick flicks haha :) thanks girl!! xo

27. clarissa February 19, 2014 at 1:31 pm Permalink

i love this whole look! i want the jacket!

kisses ♥ http://www.glamorousvision.blogspot.com

28. Michelle February 19, 2014 at 10:56 pm Permalink

Amber…

Absolutely love this outfit!!! Love this website as well… Thanks for all your time and effort in making such a fabulous website!!! Congratulations on your new addition coming soon, so excited for you guys!!! Do you get eyelash extensions? I would love to get mine done, do you do them yourself or where do you go if you get them done, LOVE THEM!!!

• amber February 20, 2014 at 8:55 am Permalink

Thanks so much Michelle that is so nice of you!! I don’t have lash extensions, I just use false lashes for events (like fashion week!) there is a link under the shop my make up tab for the lashes I use! xoxo