Black and Camel

Barefoot Blonde - black and camelBarefoot Blonde - pony tailBarefoot Blonde - black and camelBarefoot Blonde - black and camelBarefoot Blonde - black and camelBarefoot Blonde - black and camelBarefoot Blonde - black and camelBarefoot Blonde - black and camelBarefoot Blonde - black and camelDRESS: Helmut Lang // COAT: SheInside // BOOTS: Steve Madden // BAG: Chanel via Fashionphile c/o // LIPSTICK: NARS ‘Heat Wave’ // NECKLACE: Scrabble c/o (the letter is black diamonds – love!)

Photos by Jessica Janae Photography

I am so so happy to be back home with my dog and husband! I felt so bad leaving my dog because David works all day so I hate knowing he is just at home alone while I am gone – usually we are cuddling and playing all day! So my first day back I felt way too bad leaving him for a shoot and brought him along :) would have brought David too if he wasn’t working!

Thigh high boots and booties have been my go-to so when I went to go grab some knee highs I realized I didn’t have any besides some old ones that are literally years old and super worn out so I got these Steve Madden ones, they looked like the Isabel Marant knee high boots only with a MUCH better price tag and I absolutely love them.

I seem to not wear ponies that much unless my hair is dirty because they just are so blah to me, so this was a fun way to spice up my pony and make it fun. This is day seven for me in using the TRESemmé 7 Day Keratin Smooth System as part of my hair diary during NYFW, my hair was manageable for yesterdays style but is due for a wash now and it was perfect timing for a pony.

P.S. dont forget to check out yesterday’s post, I was super late in posting it so in case you missed it, its down below!

Barefoot Blonde

Barefoot Blonde1. Pull hair into a high pony tail. Spritz the crown with TRESemmé TRES Two Extra Hold Hairspray and then brush out all the bumps making the pony as sleek as possible.

2. After securing the ponytail with a ponytail holder, take a small section from the bottom of the pony and wrap around the rubber band and secure with a bobby pin.

3. Take a small, clear rubber band and secure the ponytail about two inches from the base and pull hair to create a nice lift in that section.

4. Mist pony with TRESemmé Keratin Smooth Illuminating Shine Spray for added shine throughout the whole hair.

XOXO

This post is sponsored by TRESemmé, a product by Unilever.

Tags: , , , , , ,

67 Responses to “Black and Camel”

1. Eye like fashion February 13, 2014 at 8:02 am Permalink

I love this look! It’s such wearable casual chic. The boots are fantastic! And with the better price tag you feel bad running then to the ground. Beautiful hair and bag!

NEW POST:: SIMPLE SHIFT

• amber February 14, 2014 at 4:18 am Permalink

Thanks girl!! And exactly!!! Everything about the price tag is better! :)

2. Sarah Lilly February 13, 2014 at 8:26 am Permalink

I love the colour combination of black and camel – it’s always looks so effortlessly chic!

Sarah Lilly
    The Lilly Mint Blog

• amber February 14, 2014 at 4:18 am Permalink

Agreed, it is a great combo!! xx

3. Adela February 13, 2014 at 10:25 am Permalink

Great outfit. Love all the pieces especially the boots.

4. Christina Storm February 13, 2014 at 1:04 pm Permalink

Love this look! Great boots and your hair looks gorgeous!

• amber February 14, 2014 at 4:19 am Permalink

Thanks Christina!! xx

5. Hannah February 13, 2014 at 1:05 pm Permalink

These are some of my absolute favorites ever. So chic and classic, and the addition of your pup just makes them better!

• amber February 14, 2014 at 4:20 am Permalink

Thank you Hannah!!! xx

6. Ash February 13, 2014 at 2:20 pm Permalink

You look fabulous in this outfit! I love that coat and I also love your hair like that! So pretty..

Xo Ash

• amber February 14, 2014 at 4:21 am Permalink

Aw thanks lady!!! xx

7. Chelsea February 13, 2014 at 2:31 pm Permalink

This post is so fun and sixties… I love it Amber. I can always count on you for a little hair inspiration in the morning!

• amber February 14, 2014 at 4:22 am Permalink

Thanks so much girl!!! xx

8. Emily February 13, 2014 at 3:17 pm Permalink

Does it drive you nuts though when “over the knee” or “thigh high” boots hit just below your kneecap?? I’m 5’11″ and I was looking for a good and cheaper alternative to the SW 5050 boot and everything hit below my kneecap. Those boots def look great on you I’m just frustrated by the shaft heights :(

• amber February 14, 2014 at 4:22 am Permalink

Haha yes I totally know what you are talking about and it totally does bug!! Hate my big knee cap stickin out! Tall girl probz

9. kelsey February 13, 2014 at 3:21 pm Permalink

this is ridiculously gorgeous from the coat to the purse to your necklace!
    ladies in navy

• amber February 14, 2014 at 4:23 am Permalink

Aw thanks Kelsey!!!

10. Kristen Sehn February 13, 2014 at 3:55 pm Permalink

This look is so classic and stunning! You look gorgeous :)

Kristen

• amber February 14, 2014 at 4:23 am Permalink

Thanks Kristen!!!

11. Fashion Snag February 13, 2014 at 4:29 pm Permalink

Love this look! I like how you did your hair as well.

• amber February 14, 2014 at 4:23 am Permalink

Thanks so much!! xx

12. Jackie W. February 13, 2014 at 4:53 pm Permalink

Chauncey!!! So glad you’re back, we need to all hang out soon! :)

• amber February 14, 2014 at 4:24 am Permalink

Ahh yes lets hang out soon!!! When can you guys!? We should go try a new restaurant or something! xx

13. Anita Price February 13, 2014 at 5:08 pm Permalink

Love the scrabble necklace! So cute!

• amber February 14, 2014 at 4:24 am Permalink

Thanks Anita!! xx

14. Tana Cowin February 13, 2014 at 5:18 pm Permalink

Beautiful rainy day look! So chic, I especially love that Chanel bag.

• amber February 14, 2014 at 4:24 am Permalink

Thanks so much girl!! :)

15. Michelle February 13, 2014 at 5:41 pm Permalink

your stunning. Love the post with the dog and your outfit is perfect and classical.
    xx, Michelle

• amber February 14, 2014 at 4:24 am Permalink

Aw thanks Michelle!! :)

16. Jodi February 13, 2014 at 5:42 pm Permalink

Love the boots with the umbrella. You are gorgeous. What a fun post with your dog as well.
    welcome back home
    Jodi

• amber February 14, 2014 at 4:25 am Permalink

Thanks Jodi!!! xoxo

17. Rachel February 13, 2014 at 5:42 pm Permalink

Oh my goodness! SO SO CUTE! Love your outfit and your doggie is just adorable :)

• amber February 14, 2014 at 4:25 am Permalink

Aw thanks Rachel!! xx

18. Yoo February 13, 2014 at 6:48 pm Permalink

You are gorgeous! And I love your blog! Can you do a post on your hair care? They are so thick and shiny!!

• amber February 14, 2014 at 4:26 am Permalink

Thanks girl!! And yes I can definitely do that! I have all my links for the hair products I use under my SHOP tab!! xx

19. Sofia February 13, 2014 at 7:01 pm Permalink

Beautiful look and ponytail on you. Love a ponytail when they have waves in it.

Love,
    Sofia

stylishlyinlove.blogspot.com

• amber February 14, 2014 at 4:27 am Permalink

Thanks Sofia!! xx

20. Bridget February 13, 2014 at 7:30 pm Permalink

love this look… especially the hair! thanks for posting your lipsticks too! so helpful to see how they look and what outfits you pair the colors with

xx B

• amber February 14, 2014 at 4:27 am Permalink

Aw thanks girl!! xo

21. Fashion Party blog February 13, 2014 at 7:46 pm Permalink

Such a great look and hairstyle!

22. Michelle Torres February 13, 2014 at 8:02 pm Permalink

Yayy! So glad you made it home safe to your pup and husband! I love your ponie and those boots are too cool! Your entire outfit is just perfection! I hope you enjoy your time home and get some rest sweetie : ))

• amber February 14, 2014 at 4:28 am Permalink

Youre so sweet!! thanks girl!! xx

23. Charlotte Copeland February 13, 2014 at 8:08 pm Permalink

Your hair always inspires me to be more creative with my own x

• amber February 14, 2014 at 4:28 am Permalink

Aw thanks pretty lady I am glad!! xo

24. Adri February 13, 2014 at 10:33 pm Permalink

How cute are these pictures with your dog! Adorable!
    xo Adri

• amber February 14, 2014 at 4:28 am Permalink

Thanks Adri!!! xo

25. Courtney February 14, 2014 at 2:48 am Permalink

Love that coat! That Chanel bag is to die for!

• amber February 14, 2014 at 4:29 am Permalink

Thanks Courtney!! xo

26. Alex February 14, 2014 at 3:47 pm Permalink

Absolutely gorgeous! I’m loving that coat and that necklace, as well as your blog! Following you on BlogLovin’. I would appreciate if you checked out my blog as well! :)
    -Alex of http://snippetswithalex.wordpress.com

• amber February 18, 2014 at 3:37 am Permalink

Thanks so much girl!! I will take a look at your blog! :) xo

27. Anna Tabakova February 14, 2014 at 6:01 pm Permalink

The dog is like”stop taking pictures, I want to play”))

• amber February 18, 2014 at 3:38 am Permalink

Haha I know huh?! He actually usually poses for pics its so funny but this time he was just wantin to jump and play!

28. Nicole February 15, 2014 at 2:37 am Permalink

Love love this look and your cute pup! Quick question – you have mentioned you like to wear clip in extensions…are you wearing them here and if so, how do you style a high pony without the clips showing?

• amber February 18, 2014 at 3:39 am Permalink

Thanks so much girl!!! And so for my extensions I part my hair basically across the crown and then clip them upside down! I usually only clip 2 rows! xx

29. Amanda February 23, 2014 at 9:53 am Permalink

Love this! One question – do you like the quality of items you order from sheinside? It just seems too cheap to be true…

Thanks!!!

• amber February 24, 2014 at 4:55 am Permalink

Thanks! I totally thought that too and was not expecting much but I have honestly loved everything I have ordered from there! I have some friends who weren’t please so I guess it is a gamble.. it is no better than Forever 21 quality but that is to be expected with those prices in my opinion! xo

30. Michelle March 3, 2014 at 4:15 pm Permalink

This look is Perfection! Quick ? How is the quality of the coat? I have never ordered from sheinside. Btw, you wear pregnant so well.

• amber March 4, 2014 at 6:09 pm Permalink

Thanks Michelle! The quality of the coat is equal to Forever 21 in my opinion! Sometimes you find a great piece from F21 and sometimes it falls apart or gets a hole or whatever within a few weeks. Just hit or miss in my opinion but I have had only great experiences personally! I know its not that way for everyone though! xx

31. You will also need to stay away from too much exfoliation after tanning, so you
    don’t rub off the tanned skin. You probably find yourself gaining
    knowledge and coming to a place where everything is working well for you at the given moment because of your newfound awareness,
    but then it all falls apart again at the next moment. Getting your skin to just
    the right tone can be a challenge.

32. domain August 18, 2014 at 6:05 pm Permalink

Very quickly this site will be famous among all blog users,
    due to it’s fastidious articles

33. la tanning August 20, 2014 at 7:54 am Permalink

items in their own particular view are clearly the actual ones
    which they will. bad preparation before or after your tan,
    or your skin acting up. Actually, once you get used to working with these tools, you’ll probably wonder how you ever
    lived without them.

34. blocked toilet pompano beach fl August 30, 2014 at 8:45 am Permalink

However, if you are remodeling your kitchen, you should preserve the originality
    of your kitchen and only apply essential components from the new layout that you have picked, this kind of as only including
    stools but trying to keep other things, or maybe only rearranging the placement of the
    components of the existing island. The Masterbuilt designers added a drain clip to the fry basket which permits you to hang the basket on the side of the
    fryer as the turkey drains and cools. Investment in flooring can be really useful as it would enhance the lifespan of your floor.

1. Street Style, 2014, February - Just The Design - February 22, 2014

[…] Barefoot Blonde In Coat From SheInside And Dress From Helmut Lang Photography By Jessica Janae Photography […]

2. Lexi's Linkspiration #8 - - Ooh La Lexi - February 26, 2014

[…] Loving this hair tutorial that gives a slight twist to the classic ponytail. […]

3. The Camel Coat... It Is A Classic - Just The Design - March 31, 2014