Okay you guys know I love my natural beauty tricks so while I was in Morocco I was in heaven with all the herbs and spices on every single corner. I picked up some dried rose because I had read about all of its benefits and remember hearing one of my favorite models talk about how she does rose steam facials with them.
Rose has vitamin C and works as an antioxident for your skin and the natural oils moisturize your skin. It also has a natural astringent so it leaves your face toned and glowing. And I have to say this rose steam facial is the most relaxing thing on the planet, which is why spas use rose to detoxify and calm.
HOW IT WORKS:
1. Boil a pot of water
2. Put about 1-1 1/2 cups dried or fresh rose and stir (you can buy dried rose on Amazon, here)
3. Get a towel and place it over the back of your head. Put your face directly above the pot using the towel as kind of a curtain to not let any steam out
4. You can do this for as long as you would like (at least a few minutes to feel results), I usually do about 7 minutes! *I always put the pot on a hot pad on the floor and then sit cross legged next to it, that way I am not standing hunched over!
After this I will usually go put on an organic moisturizer, my favorite is my ARCONA ‘Magic White Ice’ Hydrating Gel, all ARCONA products are organic and so so amazing, they are by far my favorite skin care line out there.
Another thing I like to do with rose is..
This facial has so many benefits but mostly the same as the ones above I already listed. The honey just adds more antibacterial helping clear the skin and the yogurt helps to brighten your skin
1. Boil a small pot of water. Once boiling, add 1 cup dried roses and let sit until they are soft.
2. Strain the softened roses and place them in a bowl.
3. Add 1 large spoonful of Greek Yogurt and about a tbsp. of honey (I don’t really do any exact amounts, just kind of eye ball it)
4. Mash all of these together until they are a consistency you like. Apply to face and let it sit for 15 minutes and then rinse with warm water!
**This one is kinda messy but I promise its worth it!!! I usually put a thick head band on and wrap a towel around my neck like a scarf and apply it laying down or you can make your husband/boyfriend/roommate/sister do it
Hope you guys enjoy!!
Photos by Jessica Janae Photography