Leopard on Leopard in Annecy

Barefoot Blonde - dutch braidBarefoot Blonde - red and purple leopardBarefoot Blonde - maroon dressAnnecy, FranceBarefoot Blonde - Annecy, FranceBarefoot Blonde - Karen Walker sunglassesBarefoot Blonde - red ChanelCanals in AnnecyBarefoot Blonde

DRESS: Torn by Ronny Kobo c/o

HEELS: Valentino

SUNGLASSES: Karen Walker

BAG: Chanel via Fashionphile

NECKLACE: Gorjana c/o

I have been trying to learn French (I took some classes but only remembered how to order food haha) and since I have started again I can’t stop thinking about Annecy! Its seriously my favorite place on the planet and I day dream about owning a house on the lake there one day. I never shared these photos we took there and figured I would share them now because the scenery is amazing and I hope all of you get to go visit here one day. The dress I am wearing is actually sold out.. but the link above links to some of Torn by Ronny Kobo’s amazing pieces.

I only curled my hair once the six weeks we were in Europe and so these dutch braids were a staple for me. It is the perfect do for when you are in a rush and dont have time to curl or even wash.. it hides the grease pretty well… I would know :) I made a tutorial on how I do these, even though it is simple, I do have a couple things I do differently so I will share that when my new site (just BFB but updated) finnnnallllly launches. Hopefully in the next couple weeks, I am crossing my fingers! Hope everyone has a good Wednesday and thanks for reading! oxox

Tags: , , , , ,

52 Responses to “Leopard on Leopard in Annecy”

1. kcomekarolina December 11, 2013 at 1:46 am Permalink

fantastic outfit!

xoxo from rome
    K.
    kcomekarolina.com

2. Lyn December 11, 2013 at 3:13 am Permalink

I am so in love with this dress , since the first minute you placed one of these photos on Instagram! I have been looking for it everywhere on the web but didn’t find it :(
    & oh the combination with these fabulous leopard heels is just too mich I can handle :p I just want to have this whole outfit! Addict me? Noooo haha ;)
    I didn’t know you were launching a new site! Nice :)
    Will you please remember us so we can follow you there? Thanks in advance!
    Have a nice Wednesday. xx

• amber December 11, 2013 at 9:47 am Permalink

Aw I know such a bummer that it is sold out!!! :( and oh don’t worry by new site I just mean an undated version of Barefoot Blonde! So of course you can follow me there, it will be the same url and all! Have a good day Lyn!

3. Adela December 11, 2013 at 5:03 am Permalink

Gorgeous outfit. Love the dress.

• amber December 11, 2013 at 9:46 am Permalink

Thanks so much!! xx

4. Ashley December 11, 2013 at 6:49 am Permalink

This dress is so pretty, too bad it’s sold out!! I love your hair like that and braids do hide the grease when you can’t wash it that day, love it!! I definitely would love to visit this place one day, my moms side of the family is french and I can speak a little and understand it so that always helps when you go to a country with that language :)

• amber December 11, 2013 at 9:45 am Permalink

I know I am so bummed its sold out!! And that is so cool that your family is French! Same, I know a little, only enough to get by but I want to be fluent one day :) have a good day girl!

5. Tracy M December 11, 2013 at 7:20 am Permalink

I love Annecy. We went there about 10 years ago when my in-laws were living in Geneva for a while. It is so beautiful. I love your braids and dress – the whole look.
    Tracy @Its Mostly About Fashion

• amber December 11, 2013 at 9:44 am Permalink

Aw really?! So fun! Yeah its so so close to Geneva, only like 30 minutes away! It is so pretty :)

6. Sofia December 11, 2013 at 9:29 am Permalink

Love the way you did your hair. Great look on you.

Love,
    Sofia

stylishlyinlove.blogspot.com

7. Charlie December 11, 2013 at 10:15 am Permalink

These photo are so beautiful x

8. Simona Niculescu December 11, 2013 at 10:19 am Permalink

it is a perfect dress! I have one similar that I am going to wear for Christmas!

• amber December 13, 2013 at 8:45 am Permalink

Thanks so much! Fun that you have a similar one, it is a fun style!

9. Rachel December 11, 2013 at 10:55 am Permalink

Stunning! And I LOVE your hair this way! :)

• amber December 13, 2013 at 8:44 am Permalink

Thank you Rachel!! xx

10. Eye Like Fashion December 11, 2013 at 10:59 am Permalink

This dress is gorgeous on you. Beautiful color!! And these photos are charming!!!!

NEW POST:: BLACK and WHITE ILLUSION

• amber December 13, 2013 at 8:44 am Permalink

Thank you so much!! :)

11. Lauren December 11, 2013 at 11:47 am Permalink

How come when I click the link I cannot find your dress anywhere? I have been searching for it for awhile and I cannot find that style and print.

Help!

• amber December 13, 2013 at 8:44 am Permalink

Hey girl! The dress is sold out so as I stated in the text in the post, I just linked to the designer of the dress and his other pieces! Sorry about that!

12. Liem Nguyen December 11, 2013 at 11:49 am Permalink

Love the outfit Amber!! You look amazing as always. It’s awesome to hear you’re learning French again, I’m have a degree in French if you ever need any help!! LOVE your blog!
    Love,
    Liem

• amber December 13, 2013 at 8:43 am Permalink

Thanks so much! Ah I am jealous you have a degree in French, lucky girl! Wish I would have studied it in school! xx

13. Melissa M. December 11, 2013 at 12:27 pm Permalink

This is the most beautiful post I’ve ever seen! The outfit, hair and place is perfection!! Such an inspiration!!

• amber December 13, 2013 at 8:43 am Permalink

Aw thank you so much Melissa!!! That is so nice of you!

14. Nina December 11, 2013 at 1:55 pm Permalink

Love the shoes!

15. Holly M. December 11, 2013 at 5:15 pm Permalink

Love the whole look, especially the necklaces! So cute how they’re layered. I wasn’t able to find the other necklace on the Gorjana website…is it Gorjana? Let me know! Xo

• Sara B December 11, 2013 at 5:27 pm Permalink

I couldn’t find it either?!?! Im wondering the same thing. Hopefully we can get a hint. Great photo shoot! Hope to hear soon, happy holidays.

• amber December 13, 2013 at 8:40 am Permalink

Hey Sara! I am not sure if you read the text in the post but it is sold out! The link just links to the designers other collections! Sorry about that! Have a good weekend though xx

• amber December 13, 2013 at 8:41 am Permalink

Oh whoops I just saw Holly’s comment and realized you were talking about the necklace not the dress! So, that necklace is actually old, so I just linked to the site! But yes the necklace is Gorjana! :)

• Lily B December 13, 2013 at 8:55 am Permalink

Hi Ladies!
            The necklaces on the purple cord is actually one from my collection, Lily B. & Co. It is the Topaz in a Row, and it can be found here: http://lilybandco.com/singles/topaz-in-a-row

I’m not sure if this is what you were referring to, but hopefully this helps! Have a wonderful day! x

• Holly M. December 13, 2013 at 11:41 am Permalink

Hi Amber,

Thank you, I was actually referring to the necklace from Lily B and co.

Thank you Lily for proving the link, beautiful necklaces! I’ve noticed this necklace in several postings and am happy to finally know where to get it!

• Sara B December 15, 2013 at 12:57 am Permalink

Got it now! Thanks Amber and Lily B.
            Great weekend.

16. Adri December 11, 2013 at 7:36 pm Permalink

This town looks so charming! I can see how you would fall in love with it. You have the perfect outfit to match:)

• amber December 13, 2013 at 8:39 am Permalink

It is the most charming town ever! And thanks girl!! You will have to go one day! :)

17. Mel December 11, 2013 at 8:16 pm Permalink

Beautiful Amber! I always love your hairstyles and you are totally rocking this dress.

xo Mel
    turquoise blonde

• amber December 13, 2013 at 8:38 am Permalink

Thanks girl you are so sweet always!

18. Stefani December 11, 2013 at 9:47 pm Permalink

I am SO bummed that this dress is sold out!! It’s gorgeous and I love the length. I’m also very tall (5’10) so when it comes to dresses I’m often turning them into oversized shirts with leggings haha.

• amber December 13, 2013 at 8:38 am Permalink

Stefani! Ah girl we share the same problem! It is so freaking hard to find long dresses- so annoying!!! I know I am bummed this dress is sold out as well :( I am setting up an online shop though to sell pieces like this I have only worn once or twice so stay tuned for that and maybe you can snag it! xx

19. Frederique December 12, 2013 at 12:58 am Permalink

Bonjour,
    I discovered your blog a few weeks ago and after having gone through all the archives I am now a regular reader. Congratulations on a beautiful blog. I hardly ever comment on the blogs I follow but I just wanted to take a few seconds to thank you for making me appreciate what I have. While I usually go on the internet to dream about wonderful clothes, faraway places, fabulous interiors, today you made me realize that sometimes dreamy is just around the corner. I live in Geneva and get to go to Annecy, someone’s “favorite place on the planet”, whenever I want. This makes me feel so lucky !! Merci

• amber December 13, 2013 at 8:37 am Permalink

Frederique! Thank you so much for that sweet comment!! I know, I sometimes take for granted the beautiful place I live in as well! But I am so jealous you live so close to Annecy! I lived there last summer and visited with my husband this summer and it is my favorite place, I want to live there one day! Thanks again for your inspiring comment! xoxo

20. kade December 12, 2013 at 11:38 am Permalink

I can’t wait for more of your hair tutorials! They are the best!

• amber December 13, 2013 at 8:28 am Permalink

Glad you like them, I always feel so silly doing them! xx

21. eleanor December 13, 2013 at 8:37 pm Permalink

Your best friend if you are learning a language: Duolingo. Free website & app that is fun & seriously so cute & effective. My current obsession haha. Cheers xx

22. whatdialike December 15, 2013 at 3:55 am Permalink

I recognize Annecy! I live next and I love this place!! a beautiful city.

23. Christina Storm December 18, 2013 at 6:51 am Permalink

Gorgeous dress!! Looks amazing on you!!

24. Kirsten January 13, 2014 at 9:33 am Permalink

Hey Amber,

I absolutely love your site and have spent all kinds of time trying to find the tutorial for these braids. Going on vacation in a few weeks and I can see this being a staple. Did you post the video yet? PS I know you feel silly doing them but the tutorials are soo helpful and you are a total natural!

Thanks so much! xo