NYC

IMG_4572So today is a picture of Chauncey and I on a hike David and me took him on a little bit ago. I got to NYC for Fashion Week yesterday and David is meeting me out here Wednesday and then we are headed to Europe…… for six whole weeks.

I have some opportunities out there as well as a few collaborations and we kind of decided to make a trip out of it.  However, every night around 9:30 when Chauncey gets sleepy and comes to hit my laptop or phone to tell me its time to cuddle…. I start crying and googling ‘will my dog remember me after being gone for 6 weeks?’ which then leads to watching YouTube videos of people reuniting with their dogs.. which then makes me cry more and try to call the airlines to cancel the trip. Haha.. David will see us cuddling and turn on music or something to get me to laugh because he knows its coming!!! I am such a baby I miss my pup already.

Luckily, we have amazing family and Chauncey lovvves our nieces and nephews – they came and stayed with us for two weeks and he had a ball. So David is driving him to California and Chaunce will be staying with David’s sisters and their cute families. He will be in heaven. I will just be missing him lots and lots. But despite the breakdowns and feeling like a bad ‘dog mom’ …. I really am so thrilled for our trip.. months of planning have gone into it and our itinerary is filled with beautiful cities and amazing sights.

Be sure to follow on IG (@amberfillerup) to see pics from Fashion Week and our trip to Europe! xx

Here are some of my favorite pieces I am lusting over right now…

45 Responses to “NYC”

1. jaclyn September 6, 2013 at 6:55 am Permalink

that sounds amazing! i had to go to miami often for work and didn’t see my puppy for weeks at a time – it was hard. but they DO remember you i promise!:) xo

• amber September 9, 2013 at 7:16 am Permalink

Aw thank you that makes me feel wayy way better!!! xoxo

2. Jueong Andrea September 6, 2013 at 7:04 am Permalink

Girl you going to love Europe! I’m from the Czech Republic and traveled all over Europe.Have a lot of fun :-)

• amber September 9, 2013 at 7:16 am Permalink

Oh so fun I have always wanted to go to the Czech Republic!! Thanks so much girl! xx

3. Ashley September 6, 2013 at 7:09 am Permalink

Aw Chauncey will be in good hands and Europe for 6 weeks? Lucky girl, that would be so much fun!! Have a great weekend in NYC!!

• amber September 9, 2013 at 7:15 am Permalink

Yes he will be with our family who loves him lots and lots!! :) Thanks girl!

4. Ashley September 6, 2013 at 7:29 am Permalink

My pup stayed with my parents for 6 weeks while I was gone for school this spring. I felt like a horrible mom – I even missed his birthday!! :( And the reunion was SO anticlimactic…he definitely let me know how he felt about me being gone for 6 weeks. But despite him more or less ignoring me when I got home, he didn’t let me get more than about 3 feet away from him, and the next day he was my best buddy again. Don’t worry too much – Chauncey will for sure remember you!!! So you make sure to have as much fun as he will. :)

• amber September 9, 2013 at 7:15 am Permalink

Aw well I am glad I am not the only one who has left their pup! I honestly feel so horrible leaving him!! But thanks that made me feel a little better!

5. Mel September 6, 2013 at 7:52 am Permalink

I feel the same way even when I go to work everyday. I miss my pup like crazy!!!!

• amber September 9, 2013 at 7:13 am Permalink

Isnt it the worst? Luckily I work from home every day but hate when I have to travel and leave him :(

6. Brooke September 6, 2013 at 8:02 am Permalink

Such a cute pic!! I am positive he will remember you when you return haha. Very excited to follow along during your trip!!

xo honestly, b.

• amber September 9, 2013 at 7:12 am Permalink

I hope he does!! :( thanks so much for your comment! xx

7. Adela September 6, 2013 at 8:22 am Permalink

6 weeks in Europe – you’re gonna have an amazing time! Can’t wait to see what you’re up to.

• amber September 9, 2013 at 7:10 am Permalink

Yeah I am so excited it will be a lot of fun! xx

8. Fashion Snag September 6, 2013 at 8:35 am Permalink

I feel the same way when I leave my dogs!

• amber September 9, 2013 at 7:04 am Permalink

It is the saddest thing!! :(

9. Chelsea September 6, 2013 at 9:47 am Permalink

I hope you have the best trip Amber! I’m sure Chauncey will be just fine with your fam and you’ll definitely have a happy (read: youtube worthy) reunion.

• amber September 9, 2013 at 7:04 am Permalink

Aw thank you Chelsea!! That is so nice and I hope we have a youtube worthy reunion too :)

10. Allison Sheppard September 6, 2013 at 10:05 am Permalink

I am just as obsessed with my dogs, and they will remember you! We went to Germany for our honeymoon and I cried the first night because I missed them. :(
    I love your blog, it is such a inspiration! I just started mine :)

• amber September 9, 2013 at 7:02 am Permalink

Aw k good I am glad you said that! That makes me feel so much better! And thank you!!

11. Mallory September 6, 2013 at 10:19 am Permalink

I know how you feel.. :( I have to leave my dog every summer for two months. It is the worst!! Have fun in New York at Fashion Week and in Europe! Look forward to seeing your outfits! :)

• amber September 9, 2013 at 6:58 am Permalink

Do you really? Okay that makes me feel better! I feel so so awful leaving him :( Thanks for your sweet comment!

12. Katie September 6, 2013 at 11:12 am Permalink

Does your husband not have a job? He seems to have a lot of free time to travel with you.

13. Sarah September 6, 2013 at 11:55 am Permalink

I’m going to Europe at the end of September! Please tell what you are planning to do while there!!!!

• amber September 9, 2013 at 6:51 am Permalink

I will be posting on here what we do along the way!!! :) xx

14. Lindsay September 6, 2013 at 12:09 pm Permalink

Sounds like it will be a fantastic trip! Can’t wait to see what you guys have in store!

15. Bridget @ The Bombshell Diaries September 6, 2013 at 2:51 pm Permalink

hope you have an amazing trip! cannot wait to see what you wear over there… I love dressing/styling myself depending on the locale, and from your posts I can tell you do too! I can only see you making a HUGEEEE splash in the Euro fashion industry but good luck on your collabs none the less!!

xx B

• amber September 9, 2013 at 6:48 am Permalink

Aw thanks!!! I totally do love dressing depending on wear I am – I am not going to lie I am planning to shop a bit out there, you have to right?! Thanks for your sweet comment!

16. Stefanie September 7, 2013 at 6:01 am Permalink

While you and David are in NYC, you should give us a call, and maybe we can get together! (Dave’s Aunt Stef, just in case you think I’m a stalker!)

• amber September 9, 2013 at 6:38 am Permalink

Stefanie!! Oh my goodness that would be so fun! Davis is actually just meeting me up here Wednesday and right when he gets here we leave for France! But next time we are up here we should totally plan a get together it would be so much fun to see you! xx

• Stefanie September 22, 2013 at 5:48 am Permalink

Looks like you two are having a fabulous trip- take care & see you next time!

• amber September 26, 2013 at 1:25 am Permalink

Thanks so much girl!!! xo

17. Rosie September 7, 2013 at 11:41 am Permalink

That one question up there? Very, “Oh my god, Karen – you can’t just ask people why they’re white.”

Goodness.

• amber September 9, 2013 at 6:34 am Permalink

Hahahaha oh my heck this totally made my day! Love my girls who quote mean girls :)

18. johannah September 8, 2013 at 1:58 am Permalink

everything s gonna be fine you know.
    you re gonna spend amazing time in Europe & a very emotive back home!!
    just enjoy, you deserve it!
    take care
    xx johannah

• amber September 9, 2013 at 6:26 am Permalink

Thank you that is so sweet and totally made me feel better!! xx

19. Maria Lee | Mia Loves Pretty September 8, 2013 at 6:27 am Permalink

How exciting! Yay for new adventures and in beautiful europe too… that’s truly wonderful! Chauncey will always remember you for sure don’t you worry! Can’t wait to see where your new ventures take you babe! P.s. I’ve posted a photo of Bailey on my blog today but also have posted afee on my Instagram @mialovespretty :)

• amber September 9, 2013 at 6:18 am Permalink

Aw thank you!! I hope he remembers me :( and k I will have to check out Bailey!! xo

20. Rima September 9, 2013 at 8:27 am Permalink

Cool! Where in Europe will you be?

21. Kat September 10, 2013 at 3:38 am Permalink

Have so much fun traveling around Europe! If you’re around Munich and need anything or if you get lost or bored (won’t happen, I’m sure haha) just say a word :)

Kat :)

• amber September 13, 2013 at 11:36 am Permalink

Thanks Kat!! I will definitely let you know if we head that way! It is not in our itinerary right now but my husband is dying to make it work to head out there so I will keep you posted! xx

22. Kayla September 10, 2013 at 10:47 am Permalink

I know how you feel! Me and my husband are moving to Indiana, and I won’t be moving out there till November, he has been there with my 2 pups for two months. I went to visit for the weekend last week and couldn’t wait to see them, They totally remembered me! And I started crying cause I was so happy! and then of course I cried when I left to come home to utah, cause I miss them so much!! I love being a dog mom, haha

• amber September 13, 2013 at 11:26 am Permalink

Kayla!! Ah okay that makes me feel better! My brother and sister in law keep sending videos of Chauncey playing with the kids and it makes me happy but then I just start crying haha it is the saddest thing leaving them! Sorry you had to leave yours again! We are in the same boat :( love all my fellow dog moms haha :) xo