Cassis, France

IMG_0071IMG_0096IMG_0110IMG_0088IMG_0120IMG_0107IMG_0074IMG_0102IMG_0118IMG_9957IMG_0098IMG_0105IMG_0082IMG_0115TOP: Revolve Clothing

PANTS: J Brand c/o

SUNGLASSES: Karen Walker

RINGS: Gorjana c/o

Pictures just don’t do Cassis justice.. it is so unbelievably beautiful and around every corner is a new cove or a new cliff or a castle or lighthouse – its amazing. The castles along the shoreline light up at night and it is slightly magical. David and I actually slept in our car that night haha we were supposed to sleep in Marseille but the reservation through Airbnb fell through (I am done with them for the remainder of this trip, too unreliable when traveling internationally) and I wanted to get the freak out of Marseille since we were having such bad luck there, so we came to Cassis and enjoyed the sunset and then tried to find a place but everything was booked. We found a parking lot overlooking the lit up castles and figured what the heck. Oh and don’t worry we have been here for three days now and have not bought food once.. David brought an entire suitcase filled with food haha so we have been eating, cup of noodles, Wal Mart smiles fruit snacks, oatmeal, instant pasta packets, and some other things :) haha we both are not big fans of spending money on food and would much rather eat out once a day and save money to do fun things like ferries to islands and what not :)

Hope you all had a good weekend! Thanks for reading! xx

Tags: , , , , ,

46 Responses to “Cassis, France”

1. Sophie September 15, 2013 at 12:01 pm Permalink

Your photos are amazing as always ! :) What camera do you use?
    Hope you’re having a good time in Europe ! Can’t wait to read more about your adventures ! :)

• amber September 20, 2013 at 10:46 pm Permalink

Thanks Sophie!! I use a Canon Rebel t3i!

2. Must for Wanderlust September 15, 2013 at 12:45 pm Permalink

Such beautiful photos! & I’m totally with you on saving money on food so that you can do activities instead :) x

• amber September 20, 2013 at 10:45 pm Permalink

Thanks girl!!! And glad you are with me on that :)

3. Michelle Torres September 15, 2013 at 1:18 pm Permalink

Hey Amber! Oh Man, these are Beautiful pictures!!! I am so happy that you and your husband are able to enjoy this Amazing place together!!! BTW I have really enjoyed your NYFW pics, you are just so sweet & Beautiful! I wish you nothing but the best! XO

• amber September 20, 2013 at 10:45 pm Permalink

Aw thank you so much Michelle! You are always so so sweet! xo

4. Valerie September 15, 2013 at 2:11 pm Permalink

Great photos, glad you are having a fab time. I am from Nice so I am in LOVE with the south of France too- Marseilles is not the nicest place but all the area around is amazing. The small vilages are incredible and you should try some of the food :-) You should try to visit the Var area (St Tropez and around) it is stunning there. Have a fabulous time – where are you travelling next ?
    Valerie x

• amber September 20, 2013 at 10:45 pm Permalink

Aw thanks for the recommendations Valerie!! I agree – the South of France is just amazing!! We are in Italy now and we are in Cinque Terre currently! :)

5. Allison Sheppard September 15, 2013 at 5:00 pm Permalink

I love all these pictures! you are such a doll, and an inspiration :) have fun in France
    Allison

• amber September 20, 2013 at 10:44 pm Permalink

Thanks Allison!! You are so sweet to say that! xo

6. Monica September 15, 2013 at 6:10 pm Permalink

Cassis sounds so much better than Marseille. I’m sorry you two are having such unlucky travel experiences! At least one day you’ll look back and laugh at this time.
    I love your food choices hahah. Save your money for delicious, indulgent dinners or french breakfasts.

• amber September 20, 2013 at 10:43 pm Permalink

We were only unlucky the first day but now everything is good :) and yeah totally we already look back on the first day and laugh :) love how that happens! Thanks for your comment! xo

7. Mel September 15, 2013 at 8:25 pm Permalink

Love those photos Amber! Look beautiful there and i bet those photos dont do justice on how gorgeous it is. My boyfriend and I are the same. We eat and stay as cheap as we can, so that we can use our money to spend on doing fun things!!!

• amber September 20, 2013 at 10:42 pm Permalink

Thanks girl! And glad you guys are the same! I would much rather stay longer and see more than stay less and eat more! :)

8. Thien Do September 15, 2013 at 8:27 pm Permalink

It sounds like you guys are having fun!..real fun..not the extremely touristy fun where you spend most of your time in some hotel and not really soaking in the surroundings. Looking forward to more updates..

• amber September 20, 2013 at 10:41 pm Permalink

Europe is always fun :) thanks for commenting!! xo

9. Jueong Andrea September 15, 2013 at 10:26 pm Permalink

Just breathtaking :-) Looks like you guys having a tons of fun.

10. stephanie September 16, 2013 at 1:18 am Permalink

amazing photos! what a beautiful place!
    Xx Stephanie (www.stephaniesstyleblog.com)

• amber September 20, 2013 at 10:40 pm Permalink

Thanks so much girl! xo

11. Christina Storm September 16, 2013 at 4:46 am Permalink

GORGEOUS photos!! Hope you are having an amazing time!

xo, Christina

• amber September 20, 2013 at 10:40 pm Permalink

Thanks girl!!! xo

12. Jenna Harrison September 16, 2013 at 5:37 am Permalink

AMAZING! These pictures are gorgeous!

• amber September 20, 2013 at 10:39 pm Permalink

Thank you so much Jenna! xo

13. Ashley September 16, 2013 at 5:39 am Permalink

These pictures are gorgeous Amber, so breathtaking!!!

14. Fashion Snag September 16, 2013 at 9:27 am Permalink

Beautiful shots!

15. Aubry September 16, 2013 at 9:31 am Permalink

Wow that looks amazing! I love your fashion post but I love it when you post about different things like how you and your husband are traveling and packed all your food. Sounds like an adventure! You should write tips on how to travel cheap and ideas to save money! I would love that. You’re the best Amber! You’re real and funny and just so cute! Enjoy the rest of your trip!

• amber September 20, 2013 at 10:39 pm Permalink

Aw well thanks girl!! You are so sweet and that totally just made my day! Sending my love! xo

16. Amanda Fletcher September 16, 2013 at 9:44 am Permalink

I have been thinking about heading to the south of France soon and your photos have just about convinced me to go! I have been traveling with my husband all over Europe the past few months and I feel ya-eating out can get so dang expensive! We eat a lot of Cup of Noodles as well as baguettes and cheese. We too have also found that Air B&B can be a pain, and we prefer booking through the locally owned B&B’s in town. Where are going next?? Looking forward to seeing more of your travels! http://www.thesavvysuitcase.wordpress.com

• amber September 20, 2013 at 10:38 pm Permalink

Oh good I am glad I convinced you haha you totally need to go!! Even if you have to eat cup of noodles to do so haha :) we are in Cinque Terre right now and then we are headed to Tuscany!!

17. M A R T A September 16, 2013 at 12:39 pm Permalink

I like these pictures so much! :)

MARTA β™₯

• amber September 20, 2013 at 10:37 pm Permalink

Thanks girl!!! xo

18. Brooke September 16, 2013 at 1:33 pm Permalink

Looks beautiful! I would love to see it in person. Seems like you are having a fantastic time! Glad to know you are saving your money for the fun stuff :)

xo honestly, b.

• amber September 20, 2013 at 10:37 pm Permalink

Thanks Brooke!! xo

19. Leanne September 16, 2013 at 10:28 pm Permalink

These pictures all look like postcards. What a beautiful place!!! I love that you’re eating in, I’d do the same!

Love from South Africa

• amber September 20, 2013 at 10:35 pm Permalink

Thanks girl! Glad you would do the same too!

20. Camilla September 17, 2013 at 12:58 am Permalink

I think that the best part about traveling is eating! Trying new, interesting food is one of my favourite things to do. I’m a real food lover!

• amber September 20, 2013 at 10:34 pm Permalink

I agree! But it was either have one European meal a day and go for 6 weeks or go for less time and eat more, and to me the choice was obvious! But don’t worry we are totally enjoying European meals!

21. lyn September 17, 2013 at 5:55 am Permalink

amazing photos babe ! x

• amber September 20, 2013 at 10:31 pm Permalink

Thanks girl!! xo

22. Sue October 16, 2013 at 6:44 am Permalink

Totally agree with u about eating out! Just came back less than a week ago and we had a fabulous time in South of France! Cassis is one of the many places my hubby and I visited. Eat less see more!!!! A meal a day and rest ….baguette and various cheeses from local grocers! Enjoy your Italian coast adventures! Love Amalfi and Capri…..

• amber October 17, 2013 at 1:51 am Permalink

Yes that is exactly what we did!! Ate out one meal and the rest had bread and meat and cheese!! Glad you agree with me! Sounds like you guys had an amazing trip!! Thanks for following! xo

23. Johnnalynn Lynch October 25, 2013 at 7:01 pm Permalink

Hi Amber!

I’m a blogger as well! I literally stumbled on this post because I was researching Cassis. I LOVE to travel and I’m always looking for places to explore that are outside of the norm. These pics are gorgeous! Any tips you can provide regarding best time to visit, where to stay, etc? Is it super pricey? Any advice would be great!

• amber October 29, 2013 at 3:31 am Permalink

Hey girl!! We visited Cassis in September and it was great! If you want a bit warmer weather (it was coastal breeze for us) then I would suggest going during summer months! Cassis is a bit more pricey, we actually slept in our rental car in this parking lot overlooking a castle! Haha, we couldn’t find anything cheaper than $100 a night and since we were in Europe for 6 weeks it was outside our budget!