All Black

IMG_6893IMG_6913IMG_6942IMG_6915IMG_6895IMG_6970IMG_6946IMG_6914IMG_6911 TOP: Helmut Lang

PANTS: Helmut Lang

SHOES: ShoeMint

NECKLACE: Love Obsessed

SUNGLASSES: Ray Ban

BAG: Proenza Schouler via Fashionphile

LIPSTICK: MAC ‘Russian Red’

**Photos by Jessica Janae

All black is my favorite go to look so a good pair of leather pants is a must. I am 5’10″ so finding any long enough is a struggle so when I saw these Helmut Lang pants I was elated. 33 inch inseam is far too rare.

I am at the airport waiting for David to get here then we are headed to Marseille, France! :)

Tags: , , , , ,

71 Responses to “All Black”

1. Oby Grace September 11, 2013 at 6:34 am Permalink

Love the outfit! You look amazing!
    Oby Grace

• amber September 13, 2013 at 11:19 am Permalink

Thank you so much!!

2. Mel September 11, 2013 at 6:38 am Permalink

Love this outfit and love the pop of red from your lipstick. I totally bought this lipstick because of you and I can’t get enough of it!!! Have an awesome time with your sweetheart!!! Can’t wait to see your pics :)

Mel

• amber September 13, 2013 at 11:19 am Permalink

Mel! Thank you so much! And ahh so glad you love the lipstick because I wear it – every – single – day! It really is the best! Thanks for your sweet words! xx

3. Lili September 11, 2013 at 6:41 am Permalink

Love your blog!! Your photos just take For-Ev-Er to load. :( Must be ’cause they’re so awesome! :)

• amber September 13, 2013 at 11:17 am Permalink

Thank you!!! And yeah I do upload them in a large format – sorry about that!! You are so sweet though! xo

• Jacque September 16, 2013 at 5:24 pm Permalink

Amber, your site does take a REALLY long time to load for me too. I wonder if maybe a little bit smaller format would be better?? I open it and walk away to do stuff for like an hour before I come read :) haha

• amber September 20, 2013 at 10:36 pm Permalink

I started doing them in smaller format, hope that helps!! :) xo

4. Ashley September 11, 2013 at 7:06 am Permalink

Wearing all black is one of my favorites looks also especially wearing a bold red lip! You are rocking this look Amber! Love the pop of color that you added with your necklace gorgeous!

xo,

• amber September 13, 2013 at 11:16 am Permalink

I agree all black is the best! And thank you so much!!! :) xo

5. Adrienne September 11, 2013 at 7:42 am Permalink

Stunning!!!
    The black on black is so sharp….those pants are beyond incredible!
    -Adrienne. xo

Citizen of the World
    Citizen of the World

• amber September 13, 2013 at 11:16 am Permalink

Thank you Adrienne!! xx :)

6. YP September 11, 2013 at 7:54 am Permalink

Love the red lips against your blonde hair, and all black outfit! Such an edgy contrast

• amber September 13, 2013 at 11:15 am Permalink

Aw thank you!! xx

7. Niki September 11, 2013 at 7:55 am Permalink

You look beautiful in all black! Love your hair in these photos too!

• amber September 13, 2013 at 11:15 am Permalink

Thank you Niki!! :) xo

8. rachel // big city quiet September 11, 2013 at 7:59 am Permalink

LOVE the all black. you look incredible.

• amber September 13, 2013 at 11:14 am Permalink

Thank you Rachel!! xx

9. Ashley Braman September 11, 2013 at 8:23 am Permalink

Love this look! And LOVE all black with a red lip. Gorgeous girlie :)
    Have a blast in France.

<3Ash
    profoundlyash.blogspot.com

• amber September 13, 2013 at 11:14 am Permalink

Thank you so much Ashley!! :)

10. Ann September 11, 2013 at 9:11 am Permalink

Now *this* is a quintessential NYC uniform, and I LOVE it! Looks fantastic. Not to mention it’s Helmut Lang, one of my all time faves.

• amber September 13, 2013 at 11:13 am Permalink

Ann! Isn’t Helmut Lang the best? I hate that they are so pricey but I honestly feel that their pieces are an investment!! :) xoxo

11. Fashion Snag September 11, 2013 at 9:23 am Permalink

Love this look!

• amber September 13, 2013 at 11:12 am Permalink

Thank you!!! xx

12. Chelsea September 11, 2013 at 9:37 am Permalink

The all-black look is so chic and you’re drop dead gorgeous Amber! Those leather pants were MADE for you.

• amber September 13, 2013 at 11:12 am Permalink

Aw thank you Chelsea!! That is so nice! xx

13. Stefi September 11, 2013 at 11:24 am Permalink

I have a serious girl crush on you haha. These pictures are gorgeous. You seriously remind me of something you’d see in a Victoria’s Secret magazine, you would fit right in with all of those lovely ladies! Have fun on your trip!

• amber September 13, 2013 at 11:11 am Permalink

How sweet are you?!! I wish! But thank you so much that just made my day!!! :) xoxo love ya!

14. cortne September 11, 2013 at 1:08 pm Permalink

these pants are so gorgeous on you and those super long legs!
    I adore your hair. I have to rewatch your tutorial for your perfect waves. I always go to far and then I just cant stop curling . I somehow end up with prom hair. Haha!

Fabulous post as always.
    kisses.

• amber September 13, 2013 at 11:10 am Permalink

Thank you so much!! And ah don’t you hate that? I sometimes do that too and my hair is way too curly!! I ended up getting a bigger curling iron (1.25 inch) and it helps to make them loser and not so prom-ish!

15. Victoria September 11, 2013 at 1:17 pm Permalink

I love everything about this look: the pants, boots, lipstick, hair, glasses. And that necklace is awesome and completes the look. The photos are gorgeous as always. Have fun in Europe!

• amber September 13, 2013 at 11:09 am Permalink

Thank you Victoria!! That is so nice of you to say! :) xoxo

16. Rose September 11, 2013 at 2:53 pm Permalink

OK girl-I want to be you in these pictures. The hair, the lipstick, the necklace, the clothes?? Perfection.

Blonde in this City

• amber September 13, 2013 at 11:08 am Permalink

Thank you so much Rose!! So sweet of you! :) xoxo

17. Dana September 11, 2013 at 3:37 pm Permalink

Love this look. You look great in anything! Enjoy France. Can’t wait to see your pics.

• amber September 13, 2013 at 11:07 am Permalink

Aw thanks Dana!!! xo

18. Adela September 11, 2013 at 4:29 pm Permalink

This is probably my favourite look on you. You look totally awesome!

• amber September 13, 2013 at 11:07 am Permalink

Aw thanks Adela!!! xx

19. Jueong Andrea September 11, 2013 at 4:55 pm Permalink

You look fabulous as always.Love your necklace and Love Obsessed jewelry is beautiful.Have fun in Europe.

• amber September 13, 2013 at 11:06 am Permalink

Thank you so much, that is so nice of you! xx

20. Morgan Hirschi September 11, 2013 at 5:14 pm Permalink

Hope you had a great time at NYFW! I enjoyed looking at yours and Cara’s pictures. Just wondering… do you have to be invited to the shows by the designers? Would love to go one day!

• amber September 13, 2013 at 11:06 am Permalink

Thanks so much Morgan!! Yes you do have to be invited.. unfortunately there is no way to purchase tickets or anything like that!! xo

21. Inken September 11, 2013 at 11:22 pm Permalink

Wow you look absolutely stunning in all black! Your hair looks amazing too, are you still wearing your extensions on a daily basis? Hope you had fun in NY! x

• amber September 13, 2013 at 11:05 am Permalink

Thanks Inken!!! And yes I am!! I pretty much always do except when I sleep occasionally :) xoxo

22. Maria Lee | Mia Loves Pretty September 12, 2013 at 5:13 am Permalink

stunning as always babe. Pulled off those leather babies like no man’s business! Hope you had a safe flight! X

• amber September 13, 2013 at 11:04 am Permalink

You are so sweet thank you!!! xx

23. Rach September 12, 2013 at 5:17 am Permalink

You look badass! Love it. I can’t wait for this heat wave to go away and for the autumn weather to kick in so I can break out my leather pants too.

Enjoy Europe. I’m envious!!

24. Riley September 12, 2013 at 11:07 am Permalink

I love this look, Amber! So chic!
    I enjoyed seeing all of your photos from NYFW! Enjoy France!

Riley

• amber September 13, 2013 at 11:04 am Permalink

Thank you so much Riley!!! xo

25. Erica September 12, 2013 at 11:13 am Permalink

You look fab! Love the all black look and the leather pants!

Erica
    sweet-endeavors.com

• amber September 13, 2013 at 11:03 am Permalink

Thank you so much Erica!!

26. Deanna September 12, 2013 at 7:16 pm Permalink

HOT! I’m 5’9″ so I can definitely relate to you when you say you have a hard time finding long pants!

Have fun in France!

Because I’m Obsessed

• amber September 13, 2013 at 11:03 am Permalink

Thanks!! And ahh isn’t it the worst finding long pants?! Tall girl problems! xx

27. Meara September 12, 2013 at 8:53 pm Permalink

This look is great, but how are you seriously wearing $950 pants??! How does anyone afford that, especially when you’ve discussed being on a budget before? Were they given to you? They link doesn’t say c/o. I’m not trying be the crazy comment girl- I’m honestly curious!!

• amber September 13, 2013 at 11:02 am Permalink

I understand your curiosity but I do not feel I need to explain or justify how I allocate my money. Thanks for understanding! xx

28. Tara September 13, 2013 at 4:56 am Permalink

Love those pants and was stoked to see they were long. But read “Helmut Lang” and knew they would be pricey. $950 is a no go. They do look fab tho.

• amber September 13, 2013 at 10:55 am Permalink

Yes unfortunately they are a bit pricier and have to be saved up for but are definitely a good investment – they are excellent quality :)

29. lyn September 14, 2013 at 10:33 am Permalink

gorgeous look!
    you have amazing legs babe xx

• amber September 20, 2013 at 10:51 pm Permalink

Thanks girl!! xo

30. Dani September 15, 2013 at 8:00 am Permalink

There is nothing more classic, bold, and sexy than all black! Especially on a gorgeous, tall blonde! This is amazing – and that bag is phenomenal. What is the brand/name of your polish? It looks like a sea foam/pale mint color – love it! Hope you are enjoying your travel adventures with your husband! Xx

• amber September 20, 2013 at 10:48 pm Permalink

Aw thank you Dani! That is so nice of you! I don’t even know the name of the polish, it was just a random one that I picked out at the salon!!

31. Leanne September 16, 2013 at 10:36 pm Permalink

Gosh you’re just too gorgeous!!! I love this look from head to toe!

Love from South Africa

• amber September 20, 2013 at 10:34 pm Permalink

Aw thank you Leanne! Love ya! xo

32. Hannah September 17, 2013 at 3:26 pm Permalink

Love this look, especially the red lip and your hair. It’s just the right amount of wavy and messy, very rocker chic.

• amber September 20, 2013 at 10:29 pm Permalink

Thanks Hannah!!! So sweet of you! xo

33. Leah Robinson October 1, 2013 at 5:07 am Permalink

Hey Amber! Its leah, i tweeted you about sit ups the other day haha :)

I just wanted to ask you if you get commented on not needing to wear heels because your tall? … if your tall that is.. haha

I am 5’8 and i get told that im too tall to wear heels. but in my opinion i dont think anyone is too tall to wear heels! they make your legs look so much better, and make you look skinner.. and just make you look better in general you know?

Let me know what you think! :D

Leah xx

34. Brit April 2, 2014 at 9:16 pm Permalink

Which specific sunglasses are these? Love them!

35. Alex July 3, 2014 at 2:16 am Permalink

Where do you find pants that are long enough normally? I am 6′ and a size 0 (AND I’m high waisted) so my inseam is 36 inches. Finding pants is literally impossible!!

1. TRESemme Hair | Barefoot Blonde - September 26, 2013

[...] another note, I know I already posted this outfit but I had so many pics from that day I split them up! Cara and I went and got our hair done by [...]

2. TRESemme Hair | Barefoot BlondeBarefoot Blonde - January 30, 2014

[…] another note, I know I already posted this outfit but I had so many pics from that day I split them up! Cara and I went and got our hair done by […]

3. Gorgeous black fall fashion style « Fashionoid Fashionoid - February 22, 2014

[…] = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); source Dress up any casual top by pairing it with liquid leggings. Liquid leggings are very versatile and […]