Black

Untitled-2black1MARISSA WEBB ย SHORTS / MARC JACOBS BRACELET / CAMILLA MORTONS BOOK / ASOS SANDALS / MARC JACOBS BAG / J CREW BLOUSE / ASOS SUNNIES / DAMASCENA BODY SERUM / ANTHROPOLOGIE BIKINI TOP / ASOS BOOTIES / KAREN WALKER SUNNIES

Okay seriously though I have been drooling over Marissa Webb’s leather shorts for quite some time now. Also her leather pants (HERE). I always tell myself if I am going to invest in something it better be black or white because they are so timeless and obviously go with everything – I am also just a sucker for leather. And obviously everyone needs a good, quality cross body and some black booties.

For you leather lovers out there – while I was in NYC, David and I stopped by Marissa Webb’s home to say hello and to look at her gorgeous home (my dream NYC home, and don’t get me going on her closet.) and she was telling me that to keep her leather tight she soaks them for a few hours and then sticks them in the dryer! (NOT the washing machine though!) Which I would have never thought to do and she said most don’t because its kinda scary messing with leather especially when you invest in it. But coming from her, I trust it. ย She makes some of my all time favorite pieces- like the ones that you lose sleep over thinking of ways you can make the money to purchase them or justifying just buying them right then.

Anyways, I hope you all have an amazing weekend!! I have no idea what our plans are but I do know we are leaving for Barbados on Sunday!! So get ready for lots of pics! I will also be shooting a look book for Swim Spot while I am there so stay tuned and follow my instagram (@amberfillerup) for all my pics :)

Tags: , , ,

16 Responses to “Black”

1. Ashley May 3, 2013 at 5:51 am Permalink

Oh my gosh I am loving those leather shorts and your right they will go with anything!! So jealous your going to Barbados, that is definitely a place on my travel list along with many others of course lol!

Have a lovely weekend girl!

• amber May 3, 2013 at 3:01 pm Permalink

Thanks Ashley!! Ah yeah I am excited to go, I have never been! I will obviously tell you all about it!! xo Have the best weekend!!!

2. Erika May 3, 2013 at 7:48 am Permalink

Amber,

I’ve only been following your blog and instagram since this week, and I LOVE it! It’s really nice to hear about someone’s real life but I appreciate it so much because you have great style and find your clothes for affordable prices! I follow quite a lot of fashion blogs and I can only get ideas for my dream closet not real life! It’s so refreshing and ACTUALLY useful. Thanks!

Your new devoted follower <3
    Erika

• amber May 3, 2013 at 3:03 pm Permalink

Erika!! Thanks so much! So happy that you are following now!! :) And yeah I can never pass up a good Forever 21, H&M, or even a thrift shop find! XO

3. Alexa Packer May 3, 2013 at 8:39 am Permalink

K, im dying for those shorts now…thanks alot.
    Jealous you’ll be at the beach in a few days. Post LOTS of pictures so i can live through you. LOVE YOU.
    Lex

• amber May 3, 2013 at 3:04 pm Permalink

They are the most perfect things ever right??? Oh my gosh I really think we need them. LOVE YOU BABY BOO.

4. Chelsea May 3, 2013 at 10:26 am Permalink

Black is such a classic and versatile color, I can never have too much! I’m so obsessed with those booties now Amanda, thanks for sharing!

• amber May 3, 2013 at 3:05 pm Permalink

Yes agreed such a classic color! And I know I have been wanting to buy those booties I think I just need to do it already!! :)

5. LoChri May 3, 2013 at 10:31 am Permalink

We went to Barbados last year, it’s a beautiful place! They like tall blondes….. so be careful of the creepos… :)

• amber May 3, 2013 at 3:05 pm Permalink

Really?! Aw yay that makes me even more excited!! And yikes k I will watch out :)

6. Tara May 3, 2013 at 3:41 pm Permalink

Ahhh those booties! I often find myself wearing black a little too much. But you are right… Classic and worth the investment. Yay vacation! Sorry in advance for the broken heart you will feel for having to leave your puppy. He will be so tickled when you guys get home. It’s a good feeling to be missed :)

• amber May 4, 2013 at 8:22 am Permalink

Aw I know I am so sad to leave him! But he is actually going to stay at this Bed and Biscuit (how cute is that??) with other dogs so he will probably really enjoy it! He hasn’t been around other puppies since we got him so I am excited for him to play with others!! But yes I will miss him like CRAZY!!

7. Leanne May 4, 2013 at 12:41 am Permalink

I’d be far too scared to try that with leather! But very interested in how it works!! Barbados!?! Sooo jealous!!!

Love from South Africa

• amber May 4, 2013 at 8:18 am Permalink

I know me too but I think I will try it out!! And aw thanks girl!!! :)

8. Hannah May 7, 2013 at 6:29 am Permalink

I love the black bag and I agree with you about investing. If you are going to spend a lot of money on something, it better be timeless!

Thanks for sharing!