Barbados Diet

IMG_1106

Ok, so all this weened I was saying, what I’m sure we are all sick of saying, “My diet starts monday” but this time it’s totally true! I had such a great easter weekend with my friends in Vegas and had so much tasty easter candy:) but my husband is taking me to Barbados for my birthday, the week of May 9th, which I’m really excited for, so it’s time to get swimsuit ready! So I have just over a month do it! This weekend I tweeted about starting my diet Monday and asked who wanted to do it with me and since quite a but if you asked me to share I figured I would!! So i’ve come up with my workout plan for the week, and will post what i’m eating for each day.  My husband does this crazy no carb diet, and I’ll admit, it’s really hard for me to dive into it, so i’m taking it week by week, lowering my carb intake as i go, starting with breads and processed carbs. This morning I had a little bit of cream of wheat for breakfast, and for lunch i’m having steamed vegetables and small chicken breast (baked) over a bed of brown rice.   I don’t usually love brown rice, but when you cook it in a little bit of chicken broth and some lime, it’s not bad:) and then at sometime during the day i’ll have a small fruit and veggie smoothie/juice, pictured above.  See also Homemade Green Monster for another recipe and to see how I do carrots in my juices.  For dinner, i’ll have a light vegetable stir fry:)

Today’s Daily Fav is The Sisters in the City blog. I’m kind of obsessed with her outfit:) Check it out HERE!

ps – if you have any questions about how to do any of these, feel free to ask! Just remember that we all have our own goals, strengths and abilities, be safe and know your limits.  I usually do 3 sets of 12-15 of light weight to try and build long, lean muscle.

good luck to us all:)

xx Amber

barbadosdiet

22 Responses to “Barbados Diet”

1. Tehra April 1, 2013 at 11:36 am Permalink

SO on board…going to a wedding in May and need to get into shape! :)

• amber April 1, 2013 at 8:17 pm Permalink

Yay!! Glad you are doing it with me!! :)

2. Tori Baldridge April 1, 2013 at 12:07 pm Permalink

So with you!!! I wish I had a Barbados trip to help motivate me, but a girl can dream right? ;)
    xox
    Tori

• amber April 1, 2013 at 8:19 pm Permalink

K so happy you are on board!! :)

3. anonymous April 1, 2013 at 1:50 pm Permalink

What do you do for abs?

• amber April 1, 2013 at 8:21 pm Permalink

Good question, I do quite a few work outs for abs! I left this open so I could do a post and show you all what I do in a future post! :)

4. Erica April 1, 2013 at 3:43 pm Permalink

Just noticed your move via Bloglovin… cheers to your new site, it looks fantastic!

• amber April 1, 2013 at 8:21 pm Permalink

Thanks love!!! Means a lot!!

5. Kelsey April 2, 2013 at 8:34 am Permalink

Love your blog-

Can you tell me where you got the hot pink shoes and skirt you were wearing in the group pic? It looks like it is probably from Easter!

Thanks :)

• amber April 2, 2013 at 10:29 am Permalink

Hey girlie!! Those shoes will be featured in tomorrows post and I will have a link for them but they are from jcrew!! xo

6. Tara April 2, 2013 at 9:55 am Permalink

I am going to Australia is two weeks for vacation and a wedding. Revving up my workouts. Nothing like an awesome trip to motivate you! I ordered a similar Athena swimsuit from swim spot that you sported on your honeymoon. Super flattering and classy.

• amber April 2, 2013 at 10:28 am Permalink

Ohh so fun!! That will be amazing! We can get in shape together! xo

7. Katelyn April 2, 2013 at 4:09 pm Permalink

I really like how you have your weekly plan so organized! Are you planning on posting what each of the workouts on the chart are? I’m kinda unfamiliar with some of them and am always interested in learning about new workouts!!! :)

• Danielle May 20, 2013 at 5:20 am Permalink

You can watch videos of each of these weight lifting moves at bodybuilding.com.

8. Logan April 2, 2013 at 5:21 pm Permalink

My boyfriend and I went to Barbados a few years ago. It’s SO amazing, I’m envious! =)

9. Melanie April 4, 2013 at 7:45 pm Permalink

Hi Amber,
    Was excited to see that you are going to be visiting my little rock Barbados! If you are interested in finding out a bit more on the island, take a look at my online travel resource Loop Barbados for a local perspective! Let me know your thoughts!

Melanie

• amber April 5, 2013 at 9:47 am Permalink

Sounds great thanks Melanie!! xx

10. Jennifer James April 22, 2013 at 2:33 pm Permalink

Hey! Just came across your blog and love it :D

I am working on getting fit for the summer myself and am your same height! I am working on dropping just 15 lbs.. and wonder how many calories you think you eat a day ? Love your green monster smoothie btw!

Thanks!

• amber April 22, 2013 at 2:49 pm Permalink

Hey girl!! Good for you! :) and hm I would say roughly 1600? It is hard to say though I don’t really count calories!! I just make sure to not have carbs after 1pm/2pm and no sugar!! Here is a link for a calorie calculator for your personalized daily caloric intake! It shows how many you need to maintain, how many to lose fat, and how many for extreme fat loss! Hope that helps! http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

1. J. Crew Sale | Barefoot Blonde - April 3, 2013

[...] Ok, so today, i’m having yogurt and granola for breakfast, a salad for lunch, and for dinner i’ll be having some lemon chicken and asparagus.  If you missed my workout plan, it’s HERE. [...]

2. My Go-To Loose Curls Tutorial | Barefoot Blonde - April 4, 2013

[...] if you read my post a couple days ago, I’m going to Barbados for my Birthday in may, so i’m really trying [...]

3. My Go-To Loose Curls Tutorial | Barefoot BlondeBarefoot Blonde - January 22, 2014

[…] if you read my post a couple days ago, I’m going to Barbados for my Birthday in may, so i’m really trying […]