Daily Makeup Routine

My daily make up routine has stayed fairly consistent over the past 8 months or so and it is this:
{nothing in this post in sponsored, these are all items I actually use and love}

1. I always start by using Arcona ‘Eye Dew’ around and under my eyes… this product I have seen the most results with. i am only 22 so I don’t have major wrinkles or anything but after my make up has been on for a while I can definitely see some small lines and this product eliminates that and lets your make up sit on top! Which also helps keep your skin nice and healthy because its like the make up isnt even touching your skin and meanwhile it is moisterizing and filling in lines, pores, and wrinkles! Ah it is just my favorite! I could literally talk about this product for hours.
2. I then use a primer on my face.. I use the Benefit ‘Porefessional … I use this because it has a matte finish and doesn’t make my skin feel oily after! It also fills in the pores on and around your nose or where ever you have pores! I love it.
3. I lightly use Revlon ‘Photo Ready’ Foundation I have been using this for over a year and a half now and I am in love. I can’t find anything I love more, foundation wise. I say ‘lightly’ because a little bit goes a long ways with this, I start on my cheek bones and do around my eyes and then blend that outward, you really do not need a lot of this product, it spreads so well.

4. I then lightly dust my face with Bare Minerals ‘Matte Foundation’ .. this is another reason I use my liquid foundation sparingly! I love the way the matte foundation (not sure why its called a foundation… it is literally just a powder to me) lays on my face and locks in my base make up. I can go a whole day without touching up my make up if I use this over top the liquid, I would say this is the biggest must have of all my products! It is amazing. And if I am ever just running errands and don’t want to get ready all the way I will just dust this on my face and add mascara and I am good to go.
5. For mascara I ONLY use Cover Girl ‘Lash Blast’ … thee best and I will never use anything but.
6. For my cheeks I switch off between, Sephora ‘Rose Glow(not pictured), Mac ‘Well Dressed‘, and Mac ‘Breath of Plum’
7. I don’t always highlight and contour, only when I am really getting ready! But when I do, for a highlighter I use Benefit ‘High Beam’ and for contouring I use Mac ‘Blunt’ (not pictured)
8. And lastly, my favorites for lipstick right now are, Mac ‘Cut a Caper’ and Mac ‘Snob’

23 Responses to “Daily Makeup Routine”

1. Megs October 17, 2012 at 9:39 am Permalink

Thanks for sharing! It’s always great to hear other beauty tips and what other girls are wearing. Can I ask, how long do you use your mascara before you buy a new one? I’m trying to figure this out still, just wondering what you do! :)

meghan
    meandmine-blog.blogspot.com

2. Paige Littl October 17, 2012 at 9:52 am Permalink

What shade do you use for the Revlon foundation? Thanks! :)

3. Lindsay October 17, 2012 at 10:32 am Permalink

We use a lot of the same products! I also use Revlon Photo Ready (I agree, best stuff out there!) along with Bare Minerals and PoreFessional! Great picks! :)

4. elizabeth October 17, 2012 at 12:53 pm Permalink

LOVE Revlon Photo Ready, I think it is the best foundation you can get at a drugstore and I have tried all kinds of expensive foundation. I picked up the purple Lash Blast mascara after reading your last makeup post and love it. Dries out a little quickly though. Will have to try the BM Matte, thanks for the tips!

xx, Elizabeth
    thebudgetista.com

5. BeautyByRen October 17, 2012 at 5:46 pm Permalink

Hi lovely just found your blog and love it! I’m an Arizona Girl as well and a blogger! ps Go Romney! xx

6. Mars October 17, 2012 at 10:56 pm Permalink

Love a good make up blog! We have similar colourings and I was wondering what shade you use in both foundations?! Thanks, Mars <3

fashionlandbymars.blogspot.ie

7. elizabeth October 18, 2012 at 6:34 am Permalink

I forgot to ask before, what shade of the Bare Minerals ‘Matte Foundation’ do you use? thanks! Elizabeth

8. Erin Cook October 18, 2012 at 8:00 am Permalink

Great, informative post! Your makeup always looks natural, yet flawless. What shade of BM Matte do you use?!

9. Ashley G. October 18, 2012 at 4:17 pm Permalink

Can you please explain how you do your highlight/contour routine? Thank you!

10. jessica October 21, 2012 at 11:51 am Permalink

I bought the Arcona Eye Dew yesterday! :)

11. JANE October 21, 2012 at 6:18 pm Permalink

A few questions! What do you use for moisturizer? Concealer? Eyeliner? Bronzer/self tanner? I would love you to do a makeup tutorial video!

12. Sierra Renee' October 23, 2012 at 12:56 pm Permalink

I absolutely love reading your posts every day and you are just so gorgeous! I have already bought the foundation and mascara but was wondering which shade of Bare Minerals Matte Foundation you use?

13. caroline October 23, 2012 at 6:26 pm Permalink

Hi Amber! I am similar coloring to you and want to order the Bare Minerals Matte. What shade are you? Thanks so much – you’re the best!

14. caroline October 23, 2012 at 6:26 pm Permalink

15. chitown October 27, 2012 at 2:26 pm Permalink

Love this post, I am a make up lover! Also would like to know what color you use from bare minerals?

16. nBd November 3, 2012 at 1:42 am Permalink

Yes pls Id also love to know what shades you use!

17. a1894df8-336d-11e2-861e-000f20980440 November 20, 2012 at 4:54 pm Permalink

What shade of Revlon do you use?

18. Valencia March 25, 2013 at 9:41 pm Permalink

Hi! This is kind of off topic but I need some help from an established blog.
    Is it tough to set up your own blog? I’m not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty fast. I’m thinking about
    making my own but I’m not sure where to start. Do you have any points or suggestions? Many thanks

19. corporate functions KwaZulu Natal March 26, 2013 at 12:33 am Permalink

Hey I am so happy I found your weblog, I really found you by error, while I was researching on Askjeeve for something else,
    Anyhow I am here now and would just like to say many thanks for a tremendous post and a all round
    enjoyable blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to read through it all at the
    moment but I have book-marked it and also included your RSS feeds, so when I
    have time I will be back to read a lot more,
    Please do keep up the great jo.

20. corporate branding Johannesburg March 26, 2013 at 12:00 pm Permalink

This blog was… how do you say it? Relevant!! Finally I’ve found something that helped me. Appreciate it!

• amber March 26, 2013 at 12:16 pm Permalink

Good I am glad you thought so that makes me happy! thank you!!

21. amber March 26, 2013 at 12:16 pm Permalink

Haha well I am glad you think so! That means a lot to hear! Thanks for your comment!

22. Miki March 28, 2013 at 11:25 pm Permalink

How come you don’t use airbrush makeup? Its takes a quarter of the time and a quarter of the amount of makeup. And its affordable!